This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Headunit Advice

I would like to replace the Current Stereo. With a Sony Headunit. I also would like the remote steering controls to work. Any Advice where to buy the cables and fitting facia for a resonable price. I've quoted £120 Just for the steering wheel cable!!! If any one has any pics i would love to see them too?? Thanks all.

Amz

Still a thrill at every ignition turn.

I've got a Sony cd/mp3 h/unit waiting to go in and am still on the search for compatible wiring loom in order to keep the steering wheel controls - so if you are lucky enough to find something then drop me a line and I'll do likewise should I find something!

Comment

The only wiring loom available at present for the steering wheel controls is from Pioneer, so if your fitting anything other than pioneer they won't work I've been wating for a while now myself for these to come out for other models as I have a kenwood head unit fitted in mine

Comment

Chris - along with retaining the Steering wheel controls, do the Pioneer Units retain any of the in dash display that you supposely loose once you remove the OEM headunit - by that I mean radio station/track number/time etc?

cheers!

Comment

Steering wheel control adapters are availablefrom Connects2 for the following head unit makes - Panasonic, Sony, JVC & Kenwood. As previously stated Pioneer do manufacture their own adapter.

CTSVXP002 Connects2 Stalk Adapter - Panasonic
          Vauxhall/Opel Astra H/Vectra C/Corsa C 2004 >
          Blaupunkt (with CAN-Bus steering controls)
          CD30/CD30MP/CDC40/CD50/CD70

CTSVXS002 Connects2 Stalk Adapter - Sony
          Vauxhall/Opel Astra H/Vectra C/Corsa C 2004 >
          Blaupunkt (with CAN-Bus steering controls)
          CD30/CD30MP/CDC40/CD50/CD70

CTSVXJ002 Connects2 Stalk Adapter - JVC
          Vauxhall/Opel Astra / Vectra / Corsa
          All With CAN-Bus Steering Controls

Connects2 Stalk Adapter - Kenwood
          Vauxhall/Opel Astra / Vectra / Corsa
          All With CAN-Bus Steering Controls

These leads are in the region of £30 to £50.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is currently any adapters available for Alpine units.

Comment

Cheers for all that BlueChrome - I have been on the phone to Connects2 and found out the following...

They are now producing a Steering wheel AND Display adapter/loom for the Sony Headunit - which is cool cos it means that the in car display is retained too!!!

Code for this item is

CTDOPS006

You wont find it on their website yet as it hasnt been listed but it does every we need it to.

Price is about £85!!!

Comment

man, that is expensive!!

I assume everyone knows that the installation of a new headunit also requires some wiring to power the unit - this is not a simple ISO plug jobby.

You need to wire the unit into the wires that serve the hazard light switch.

Comment

Expensive - just a tad

But I was assured that this £85 was for the complete wiring looms needed - power, speakers, steering control and display...Suppose I'd better risk the wonga and then report back :P

Comment

dont play with the electrix leave well alone !!!

over cautious ??? i dont think so

Comment

Originally posted by bluchrome
                    man, that is expensive!!

I assume everyone knows that the installation of a new headunit also requires some wiring to power the unit - this is not a simple ISO plug jobby.

You need to wire the unit into the wires that serve the hazard light switch.
                    No you don't...you can use the connection to the ciggy lighter socket.
                    It has a permanent live and a switched live (both are wrapped together, but only one is exposed to connect to the socket)
                    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
                    The truth is out there ...

Comment

Working...
                    X