This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New VXR owner

Hi guys im Chris ive just brought a Astra VXR in Arden Blue, I'm not going to go on about how amazing it is as theres plenty of threads about already saying that!

I had a GSi before the VXR and thought it was time to UPGRADE!

Im thinking of a few "mods" but not sure which ones I.E chips, filters etc. Ive already got a Magnex Cat- Back system which I think is an excellent piece of kit and after reading some posts on another forum I've had no troubles with the engine managment light coming on!

It sounds spot on and the build quality is top notch!

Anyway great site guys :wink:

Chris D

Congrats Chris.

I'd defo recommend a remap. Makes such as difference to the car. As you have a Magnex exhaust, speak to the VXR Performance Centre as I believe they have a map for that exhaust!!

By other forum, I assume you mean Astra-SRi!!

Ian

Comment

Yeah :wink: but didnt want to bad mouth or advertise any site not that you or I have done either.

ChrisD

Comment

Welcome Chris, what do you think of the magnex for sound. I was thinking of getting one myself

Comment

that makes two of us, i had the GSi before, absolutely loved the thing, what a quality motor, now i have a VXR in arden blue, i hope it ia as good as the last vauxhall.

I haven't got the money for the exhaust at the mo, think i'll wait till the OE one is tired. Does everyone swap them for the sound or the performance?
          Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Hi Chris
            As Ian said, i would recommend the remap aswell, especially for the pull in 3rd if nothing else

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
              that makes two of us, i had the GSi before, absolutely loved the thing, what a quality motor, now i have a VXR in arden blue, i hope it ia as good as the last vauxhall.

I haven't got the money for the exhaust at the mo, think i'll wait till the OE one is tired. Does everyone swap them for the sound or the performance?
              I had mine fitted to compliment the remap and i had heard about the popping and banging which turned out to be superb.
              I havent heard the Magnex but from what ive read from others who have it is that it pops in a similar way to the Milltek.

(I hope the rest of you lot are reading this......an impartial view about the exhaust) lmao

Comment

I had my miltek as part of the deal. i have had the front 2 bits fitted also and it now sounds grear and pulls harder in the mid range.

I went for both sound and performance as i had a full miltek on my GSi bus.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisVXR
                  Welcome Chris, what do you think of the magnex for sound. I was thinking of getting one myself
                  For me its perfect, sounds spot on. Not to in your face as im getting on a bit now and wouldn't want to be seen as to "boy racer ish" but when you open her up she sounds insane!!

Originally posted by Daz5182

I swapped mine purely for the sound as nowa days an exhaust dosent give the gains it once did, but thats only in my opinion that is. It may give 2-3bhp max but I've mainly done it for the sound

Originally posted by m4rtc
                  Hi Chris
                  As Ian said, i would recommend the remap aswell, especially for the pull in 3rd if nothing else
                  Thanks I'll look in to it

ChrisD

Comment

Working...
                  X