This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yey vxr on the way when im 21 in april

just wanna say hi and start meetin a few vxr owners, so excited as today i found out my parents are sortin me with an astra vxr for my 21st as insurance is fine and im oh so happy, and lucky too.
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Re: yey vxr on the way when im 21 in april

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
    just wanna say hi and start meetin a few vxr owners, so excited as today i found out my parents are sortin me with an astra vxr for my 21st as insurance is fine and im oh so happy, and lucky too.

nice parents

Comment

Certainly are, hope you like it mate. Might get hammered for this but don't you fancy waiting for the new type R, see what that looks like?

Won't go wrong with a VXR though, best thing on the road at the mo within the budget IMO.
      Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Re: yey vxr on the way when im 21 in april

Originally posted by michael parkes

nice parents
        Or not as the case may be. Only joking

Dont want to put you off but @ 21 are you sure the VXR is the right car for you why not have a SH SRi turbo with the LEL 175 engine.

Might be speaking out of turn but the VXR is an animal in std form and with you so young dont want to hear bad nes if you know what i mean.

All the best if thats the way your going, good luck and enjoy.

Comment

Im only 20, had a celica 190 at 17 and a 231 rx8 at 19. Iv'e never had any trouble. Iv'e had alot of racing experience though iv'e raced motocross and quads all my life. This is relevent because i leave my racing to the track. I dont feel the need to drive stupidly on the road. I dont see the road as a race track because it isn't. But you are right Alex, it does very much depend on the individual though.

Comment

know what your saying.

but what happens when you get a young lad with a big motor and a few mates. bird in the street or some one on the open road baiting you for a race on you dont havr the experience of fast/race driving.

dont want onother VXR in a salvage yard.

Comment

Couldnt agree more, just pointing out that there are exceptions. You are right though. I wasnt out to prove you wrong.

Ben.

Comment

Christ 21 and a vxr!!!

Who's your insurance with KneeCap????

Gotta be in the 0000's

Just re-insured mine with Adrian Flux 6yrs ncb protected I'm 27 and it's £728.00

Lookin forward to your reply, but tbh I have driven gti's, rs turbo's and gsi's since I was 18 so my insurance company take that in to consideration.

Andy

Comment

im was 21 and a month when i got my vxr 4months ago, im with elephant paying £65 a month for a 10 month policy, 2yrs ncb and one not at fault claim. They also only want an extra £35 to declare my exhaust and an extra £45 to declare a remap

Comment

when i say £65 a month thats what it worked out at, i just payed up front so £650 for 10months. Been driving four years with good postcode

Comment

Originally posted by AndyVXRwigan
                      Christ 21 and a vxr!!!

Gotta be in the 0000's

Just re-insured mine with Adrian Flux 6yrs ncb protected I'm 27 and it's £728.00

Lookin forward to your reply, but tbh I have driven gti's, rs turbo's and gsi's since I was 18 so my insurance company take that in to consideration.

Andy
                      I got mine insured with Privilege and pay £480 fully comp. i'm 30 and my mrs is 26.

Comment

hi all.. im 21, with 4 years nc. ive not had any problems up to now, only that ive put over 8000 miles on the clock in 4 months.... my insurance at the moment works out to be just over a grand. thats because im in germany but ive all so got a quote for bk in the uk an thats only going to be 100 pound more.

when i was 18 i got an mg zr 160, ive just traded it in for the vxr... i pay less insurance on the vxr than i did on the zr 6 months ago..

i know what your saying, but any one could show off in front of there mates when there in the car. i think it depends on what kinda person u are, an i know that younger people tend to do it more. but i think they realise what thay have an dont want to smash up such a sexy car.. well thats what im like.. i know that younger drivers dont have the exsperiance that older people have but thats all about driving...

i hope this doesnt turn in to a cat fight.
                        my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by AndyVXRwigan
                          Christ 21 and a vxr!!!

Gotta be in the 0000's

Andy
                          Thats expensive, I am 24, 4 Years NCB, 7 points to declare and only £620 fully comp.

Comment

well i got mine about a month after my 18th birthday, with regards to being too inexperienced to drive one safely whatever, i have to agree with what was said above, it depends entirely on the person. i have driven faster cars than the vxr, and i dont drive it fast just to "impress my mates" or whatever, u just have to be sensible about it!

Comment

mr Police_Driver
                              thats well cheap, whos that with???
                              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Working...
                              X