Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good , Bad and Ugly Dealerships!!!

I have finally taken the plunge and ordered today after much deliberation and uncertanty over new civic type r vs vxr. I spoke to Honda last week and found specs of new civic to be dissapointing with no real power change from outgoing model and exterior not as bold as concept although think interior blows vxr away.

Spec ordered:
    Arden blue , 19s , climate control , bi xenons, sight and light , folding wing mirrors , reversing sensors.

I have spoken to 11 dealerships in my quest for this vehicle from Kent , Berkshire , London and Leicestershire and i have to say that Vauxhall dealerships in the whole are dreadful.

I have been given duff technical information and so many dealerships were unwelcome and unenthusiastic that i couldnt believe they wanted to sell their cars. No wonder Vauxhall were slated for customer support.

The worst dealership i dealt with was W.J.KING in WELLING and i have to say they were a disgrace to the whole dealership/customer relationship.
    I rang them on a sunday to view a new Arden blue they had and to arrange a test drive as i had never been in one before and was informed due to staff shortages on a sunday would i come back on Monday at 2 o,clock for a test drive and this was agreed.
    I managed to wangle half a days holiday and spent 2 hrs driving to the dealership and saw the car in the showroom. A salesman came over and i informed him that i had booked a test drive at 2 o,clock and he just laughed. I asked him what was funny and he informed me they didnt do test drives and the only way i could would be to give a deposit there and then and then he said he still wouldnt as the car was in the showroom and he wasnt prepared to move it.
    I informed him id spent 2 hours in traffic and had booked it when he had the [email protected]*king ordasity to point to the car and announce that "this was a £20000 car and wouldnt just let anybody drive it"
    I informed him back and all his customers that they had completly wasted my time and i left with chequebook in pocket.
    My good friend who works for a very well known weekly motoring publication rang a few W.J.KING dealerships and on the whole this is company policy although he informed me a couple said that it depended on the individual. I obviously dress like a wet lettuce with a gay handbag because he didnt like the look of me then. They will be named and shamed next year i promise. I will not let that go!!!

On the positive side the best dealership by far was the GREENS GROUP in RAINHAM/HOLBOROUGH - KENT. They have been absolutly professional with sales staff through to MD who informed me they would give me a test drive lunch time , evening they would even lend me a car at weekend if i was serious. This is better service than i have had with BMW and Honda in the past. They have therefore taken just short of £20000 off me . No wonder they are the south easts premier Monaro dealer , and at this rate astra aswell.

So why have i had such a torrid time to buy this car ?
    Yes i am fussy , i always secure the best deal and am not embarrased to play dealer or no dealer but will always put service above everything as when it goes **** up they will be there to bail me out..

A message to Olivia King if your reading this : Teach your sales staff that the days of men in suits buying cars are long gone. Joe public these days are plumbers , builders, drivers , and they dress casually when out so remember DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER and you may sell more cars.......................

Has anyone else had these problems or am i on my own here????
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

try calling

Llyod @ Smiths of Ickelston and ask him about a discount on the VXR or even call thurlby motors.

Comment

Hi Marc

I agree some dealers are beyond a joke. I had a similar experience recently in a Land Rover showroom. I went in wearing Jeans trainers and a fleece, i asked a salesman about a Range Rover Sport and he looked me up and down and totally dismissed me. Makes your blood boil.
      I know Vauxhall have some poor dealerships but i suppose its the same right through all the Manufacturers.
      Least you got sorted in the end though.

Comment

Doesnt it just..
        I went to a porsche dealership with my father who is looking to trade in a slk for a new cayman and there were 3 Japanese guys in there who looked like they didnt have a pot to piss in. After about an hour of discussions we overheard that they had ordered 2 boxsters and a 911 between them and the salesman informed us porsche dealers learnt a long time ago that money does not present itself these days... How many chinese take a way owners do you see driving Mercs!!! Most id say and ive never seen one dressed in shirt and tie!
        It is so sad but a person sells a car to me not the car as there is more than 1 dealer but only 1 good salesman.
        HeavenlyDetail
        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Not all dealerships are crap...

I can highly recommend "Martin Rumble" in Hinckley Leicestershire where I got my VXR from - their aftersales care is second to none and they sorted all problems I had without hesitation as well as doing a few additional things I asked at no extra cost.

And for parts etc there is no better dealer than both of the "W Grose" dealerships in Northampton where I get all my stuff I need and their parts man "Ben" - a VX enthusiast himself is never to busy to help and find out stuff for you!

Comment

I totally agree, been in to various dealerships for various different cars. **** Lovett leant me an M3 Convertible for the day without a query! **** Lovett porsche tried to get me to test drive a boxster. Our wonderful friends at Drive Vauxhall in Bristol told me to go Hire an Astra 2.0 Sri XP.

I walked out laughing, named and shamed to Vauxhall UK Sales director and had one for 2 days and they organised the VXR test drive for me!

What does it take to get these people who sale cars to actually move off their chairs and sale people the sports type cars instead of taking one look at someone and deciding that they are time wasters. If you mess someone around they will be a time waster if you are professional then 8 times out of 10 you will sale car. Yeah you get test pilots but hey that's life!

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jon
              Not all dealerships are crap...

I can highly recommend "Martin Rumble" in Hinckley Leicestershire where I got my VXR from - their aftersales care is second to none and they sorted all problems I had without hesitation as well as doing a few additional things I asked at no extra cost.

And for parts etc there is no better dealer than both of the "W Grose" dealerships in Northampton where I get all my stuff I need and their parts man "Ben" - a VX enthusiast himself is never to busy to help and find out stuff for you!
              had terrible after sales service from w grose re a few paint problems on my vxr,but like you can't fault there parts department.we use the kingsthorpe one.the sales man who sold us the car andre was top notch all the way through our problems.

Comment

i havent heard any good news about WJ King in Welling i purchased mine last year from WJ King in Woolwich and also my previous astra h SRi and found them the most friendliest and helpful and the after service is great, i put my mate on to them when he ordered his VXR in Jan and having purchased his H SRi from the Welling branch he couldnt believe how one dealership fromm another under the same umbrella can be so different,

Comment

Whilst I didn't have a too much of a problem with buying my car last October, I have not actually received ANY contact from them to ask if I was satisfied, or if there's anything else they can help me with.

Actually, that's not quite true, about two weeks later, I received a letter from Vxl asking if I would like to take up the "service plan" where you pay a set amount of money and get free servicing for three years. The form had arrived all filled in wit name. address, make, model, reg and VIN.

Great... I'll have some of that.... sent it off.... few days later, "Sorry Sir, but your car is not eligible for this offer".... So why the f**k send me the form in the first place.

And finally, received a letter from the dealer principle yesterday saying they are sending out a survey form asking for my opion on the "experience from them".....Where's my Red Pen....

Comment

they make you laugh i went into my local dealers in my tatty old clothes full of oil and c**p and asked about the car and they werent interested in anything i asked they asumed i was a scruffy northener living down south gonna piss em off when i go to another dealer with my car for servicing i earn more in a wk than he probably does in a month ****** lol
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

On this topic then i'd like to recommend Aston Vauxhall at Melton Mowbary, i had been looking for a VXR for ages and wanted to trade in my Gsi mk4. After looking on autotrader i noticed that they were selling a 3 month old car with 19" wheels in arden blue for £17000, and to top it off it had 47 miles on the clock. I'd been to a few other dealers and they were terrible, offering nothing for my part ex and expecting me to pay a premium for theirs. Pentagon at Mansfield the worst offender.

I rang them up asking if the car was there, they said it was and if i wanted to pop down and have a look i was more than welcome. Off i went, i turned up at 4 and they closed at 5 but James was more than happy to take me on a good test drive of the vehicle, he was very knowledgeable about the VXR and any questions he could answer. I didn't leave until 6pm.

When they went to give me a part ex price i thought that it would be a joke with the car being reduced as it is, but the price was respectable.

I chewed the fat for a couple of days and James rang me to see how i was going, i popped down the next day got another couple of hundred pounds out of them and signed.

I'm 24, dress very casually and turned up in a car worth no more than 9k and they treat me very well, James was by far the bast salesman i have dealt with and very down to earth. He even sorted me out with tax, petrol and even managed to get me a cleaning kit for it on the sly.

My 2p

Daz

p.s. watch out for a red and a blue one coming up from aston in october, they have a secret stash!
                      Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

some dealer are more ugly than others .... 'do you have an oil fiter for a Vectra VXR ? ..... errr not sure is that a diesel ' .... Ugh
                        2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Might be worth giving Stewart Batey at PNG Vauxhall a call on 01992 760222. The dealership is based in Waltham Cross, and Stewart always seems clued up and friendly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                            Doesnt it just..
                            I went to a porsche dealership with my father who is looking to trade in a slk for a new cayman and there were 3 Japanese guys in there who looked like they didnt have a pot to piss in. After about an hour of discussions we overheard that they had ordered 2 boxsters and a 911 between them and the salesman informed us porsche dealers learnt a long time ago that money does not present itself these days... How many chinese take a way owners do you see driving Mercs!!! Most id say and ive never seen one dressed in shirt and tie!
                            It is so sad but a person sells a car to me not the car as there is more than 1 dealer but only 1 good salesman.

Yes I went into a Porsche dealer over 12 months ago in a pair of work boot and they couldnt have treated me better.

Comment

Marshalls, Thurmaston, Leicestershire was great for me. Apart from the general (and this isnt a complaint) attempt to sell you the one in the showroom £1500 cheaper than they should... Eh, just wasnt enough toys on it

Comment

Working...
                              X