Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The tyre repair kit is.........................

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tyre repair kit is.........................

I am just advising all owners to spend on a spare tyre and jack, had a blow out last night tried to use the repair kit and hole was to big in tyre so would not inflate.

Now here is the real problem, stuck 12 miles from home with no jack and no spare 8.30 and getting dark so had to get towed and now the car is sitting outside my house with no way of getting to the garage for a replacement tyre (Wonderful).

Even the chap from the AA made a comment "tyre repair kit they never work" obviously I thanked him for his comments.

So you may feel you dont need a spare but I would strongly recommend it

My local Vaux dealer (Charles Warner's in Lincoln) have/had 2 secondhand (but virtually unworn) 16" 5 stud wheels off a vectra (ones now snuggled up in my boot - a proper tight fit though!) for £50 inc. VAT - They may still have the other

With the jack, wheel brace and foam spare wheel insert, it came to a total (including the wheel/tyre) of £92 - well worth it for peace of mind. I bought it only a week after getting the VXR I was that worried!!

I know it won't fit over the brakes, but I'll swap the back to the front and put the spare on the back if needs be.
    Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
    Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

ive just got myself a calibra turbo which came with a brand new spare alloy wheel, 16" with new tyre. Anyone know if this will fit over the back brakes? need to try it soon i think as cheap spare

Comment

I will be getting the tyre changed today, I have spoken to my vauxhall dealer who advised that my AA Vauxhall Assistance will cover me in getting the car towed to the dealership (I am not sure if this is so as they have already towed me to my house) so hopefully will get sorted today.

The dealers originally offered me a W rated tyre as replacement as they had one in stock I questioned this with them as the Vxr has 92Y tyre they came back to me an hour later and said cant use them which I found quite worrying that they were trying to sell me the wong tyre

Comment

As far as I know the 16" wheel will fit over the rear brakes - I hope so, as that's what's in my boot now!!

I'd better try it soon then!
          Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
          Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

jpg don't worry about a recovery to your dealership. It will be part of the same job. If it had been during opening hours you would have been taken there right? Well, it's not your fault that the place was closed when you had the blow-out is it? Well, AA (and most other orgs) take the same view.

You are covered under the same job until you get to your garage which may be a gap of a night if the place was closed. Same applies if you're miles from home on holiday - they take you to your destination (camp site or whatever) and if it happens at night continue to the nearest garage in the morning.

Comment

Working...
            X