This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall Customer Care

At the moment I am disgusted with Vauxhall. When I got my VXR I had traded in my wifes car and gave her my 03 plate Corsa. We did this at the time as we have enjoyed being with Vauxhall and were very happy with the corsa and how it ran.

However, a week ago the Corsa's Front Windscreen wipers failed and wouldn't move at all. I got the car booked in to be repaired, plus requested for some additional work to be done at the same time. Took the car in on Monday, left it with them all day and went back at 5pm to pick it up. At this point I was informed that they had completed the additional work I requested, but could not fix the Windscreen wiper fault as they did not have the parts.

I was then informed that the parts were on back order, had been for at least 4 weeks, and that they were expecting delivery mid to late october!. To say I was shocked was an understatement, especially when I asked what could be done to help as we could not drive the car without functional windscreen wipers and was informed that they couldn't do anything, and when asked could they give me an exact delivery date was replied 'how long is a piece of string'. The dealership then gave me the Vauxhall Customer Care number and I was told speak to them.

When I got home I called this number, explained the situation, and the fact that the Corsa is now my Wifes car and she uses it to transport our disabled son to and from school. I also explained that I am generally away on business and therefore the car is essential for her to have. They raised a case, and told me to contact the dealership to get authorisation for a 'hire' car replacement. Did as requested and awaited a response from dealer. They came back and informed me that Vauxhall would not provide any assistance as the car was 7 weeks out of warranty, and that if I wanted more I should call them again.

On the second call I again explained that this was a very difficult situation and that because they didn't have the parts my wife would have to take our son to and from school on the bus for up to 8 weeks, and even then that the delivery date for the parts is not guaranteed. Also explained that I thought it was very poor of them to refuse any assistance considering the car had literally just gone out of warranty and that I am a loyal Vauxhall customer who is somewhat dismayed at the attitude and responses I have received from both the dealership and the customer care people. They then told me that they would look into the parts I required and see if they could get more clarification on when they would arrive, and would look into doing something about a hire car as a gesture of good faith. I felt a little better and thought well at least they are now trying, and was informed that I would get a call the next day regarding both the parts and the gesture.

Low and behold 3 days later I have had no calls back, no response to queries and have been left hanging. If this is how they treat someone that has bought 2 brand new cars off them in the last 3 years I hate to think how they treat the second hand owners, and thanks to them my wife now has the wonderful joys of taking our son on public transport to school which given that he is autistic, is one of the most stressful things for her to do. Thanks Vauxhall!.

Way cant the dealer take the part off another car thats the question I would ask!

Comment

Dealer has refused saying that they can't do that as Vauxhall would not allow them to strip a showroom car as it part of the sales line. Going to call customer care again and see if I can get any more info, probably get fobbed off again.

Comment

sounds a bit poor to me m8 especially just outside warranty!

Comment

Well I just spoke with the Customer Care people again, who have said that the parts people are 'still investigating', which sounds like they just don't know when/where the parts are. With regards to sorting something else out, this is apparently being refered to a customer services manager, but they've all finished for the weekend so I have to wait until Monday, at which point I will apparently get a call - we shall see..

My faith in Vauxhall is seriously dented.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
            Well I just spoke with the Customer Care people again, who have said that the parts people are 'still investigating', which sounds like they just don't know when/where the parts are. With regards to sorting something else out, this is apparently being refered to a customer services manager, but they've all finished for the weekend so I have to wait until Monday, at which point I will apparently get a call - we shall see..

My faith in Vauxhall is seriously dented.
            Vauxhall have just reorganised the call centre function for customer care.

As far as I can tell This involved moving everyone out of Luton and setting up call centres where they were cheapest and combining all GM UK companies (Saab, Chevrolet etc) under the same set up to save costs.

Have to say I have noticed that there has been a real dip in customer care and attitude since this has happened

My experience was Vauxhall refusing to investigate / re-gas my aircon because it was an intermittent fault they could not replicate first time.
            Despite being a loyal VX customer with a 20k car 6 months old they wouldnt spend £30 to help me out.

Ended up dumping car on dealership forecourt engine running calling customer service to get the dealer to look again.
            Surprise surprise gas pressure too high - just needed regassing and pressure set. Not a word of apology!

Not sure I will be buying Vauxhall again.....
            sigpic

Comment

Likewise, was really enthused about Vauxhall and the new Corsa, was thinking of upgrading my wife when it comes out, however I doubt that will happen now.

Fun and games....

Comment

Well funnily had no phone call today from Vauxhall Customer Service Managers, quality servicing. Will be chasing tommorow and see if I can get anywhere with them.

Comment

This sounds typical to me. Having had Vauxhall since 2001 (2 brand new Corsas) I know only too well the **** ups that occur. My drivers window after a year failed. Every time you pressed the button and it went all the way up, the minute it shut it came straight back down again. This problem still happens today (almost 3 years later) as Vauxhall could NEVER fix it. Every time you "auto up" the drivers window, it comes straight back down again. Great at 70mph on a motorway. So unsafe. Do they care?

Comment

Still being ignored, getting more annoyed. This is almost making contemplate giving up the VXR.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                      Still being ignored, getting more annoyed. This is almost making contemplate giving up the VXR.
                      Trying writing to Kyrstin (spelling?) Jones c/o Griffin House - She is the National Customer Care manager.

Feel the same. They seem to be treating customers with contempt not like people who could spend £20,000 every 3 years and keep them all in jobs.
                      Pathetic to be honest.
                      sigpic

Comment

I will do as to be honest have given up with the phone line as all they seem to be trained to do is fob people off, and as you say having spent 20K on the VXR this year, and 10K on the corsa 3 years ago the customer care is shiesse.....

Comment

Got a phone call yesterday(3rd) from Dealer saying they have the parts to fix my corsa, then got a call shortly after from VX Customer Care to say parts were arriving on the 4th October . Hmmm....

Anyhow got Corsa booked in to be fixed on the 5th, just to be safe. Still curious as to why it took them over a week to get back to me, but then it would probably take me 3 months to find out

Comment

Got the corsa fixed back on the 5th, and to my surprise there was no charge for the Windscreen Wiper work, VX must've covered it as a gesture of good faith. Just a shame I didin't know as had already sent a letter to Griffin House about it :? .

Typical as these things are though, when corsa was in the exhaust had to be replaced as it had developed a hole, and just at the weekend there the windscreen got cracked whilst my wife was driving to Manchester Hopefully that is the end of this run of bad luck, especially as it is eating into my Stage 2 fund...

Comment

Working...
                            X