This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed camera detector......

Which is the best to get from experience and where from????

I've looked at the origin b2 and the road angel plus don't know which to go for??

Ta

Daz
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

What are your requirements....There are so many different types

There are GPS units, Laser units, Radar detectors.

I use Road Angel, first the RA II and then RA Nav... Not had any problems with static cameras but it doesn't detect camera vans/cars or lasers.

Comment

could really do with one that picks everything up, i like the look of the road angel plus as i don't want cables everywhere or anyone messing with my dash on the new car to hard wire one in. But i have seen the origin B2 reduced at my local vauxhall dealer and wondered what that one was like??

Don't know much about them and want to make sure that i get a decent one. I had a snooper years ago that was meant to be good in reviews and it was the biggest waste o money ever, used to tell me where ATMs, automatic doors etc were but only told me there was a speed camera when i was on the white lines!!!

Don't want to make the same mistake.
      Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Not sure if you have Sat Nav built in, or are interested in it, but I use TomTom Navigator 6 with the speed camera database from 'Pocket GPS world' web site which is updated at least monthly and costs £19 a year subscription.
        Covers all camera types and seems very accurate - recommended by Police friend of mine as the one he uses
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
          Not sure if you have Sat Nav built in, or are interested in it, but I use TomTom Navigator 6 with the speed camera database from 'Pocket GPS world' web site which is updated at least monthly and costs £19 a year subscription.
          Covers all camera types and seems very accurate - recommended by Police friend of mine as the one he uses
          also use a tom tom with speed camera database on it,also very good as you can input tempory vans with gps location as they tend to sit in the same places ???????

Comment

I have a Road Angel Navigator 6000 .... which covers my Sat Nav needs and has the RA database to assist with fixed sites.

My wife uses our Tom Tom Go 500 with the speed camera GPS world database as mentioned above. This covers not only the fixed site but basically anywhere a subscriber has seen and highlighted a mobile site or police lasering ..... which IMO is a better buy than one of the dedicated units.

I had Tom Toms own database downloaded but it is not as good where I am as either the RA one or the gpsworld one.

Laser detectors as those built in to the Road Angel are not worth it as they merely respond to highlight the fact to you that the officer has got a speed reading off your car. You can't respond quick enough to react in time to slow before the officer gets a reading off your car! The do detect Lasers - I have checked the fact with the ones where I work they just can't do it in a way that helps you.

Comment

I think when you said about the snooper you must be meaning a laser detector as they are no means foolproof and speedcamera detectors are a different kettle of fish using gps not signal. I still think that you should look at the new snooper sirius which will be available in about 2 weeks time. I t has a 4" screen and the sat nav part uses navteq which is probably the most advanced street mapping there is as well as the best speed camera and mobile site down loads i think you can get . It is also rechargeable and wireless which is a plus. You will find that due to european laws you will not find a combined unit with laser detection in as it is banned in europe and if the bleeper goes off on a laser unit it will have already got you. In this instance you are probably better off getting a jamming device fitted in your grill or under number plate which are available on the web although i dont condone these obviously as they are illegal. It just seems that most things in life that are illegal are good .
              If you dont want the satnav included then the snooper sapphire would be my recommendation. Again wireless , chrome and black and stylish and full support for all cameras including the new multilens (daddy) camera that is popping up and robbing us petrolheads.
              If you look at any review or speak to any dealer they will tell you that snooper have the best system that far beats tom tom and they also have a good relationship with local constabularys and are given info on mobile sites and new fixed sites in advance as this means with the downloads you are prepared which you are not with some others.
              Hope this helps :wink:
              HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
              X