This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TECHNICAL HELP REQ ABOUT CAN-BUS

after having 2 alarms the same model fit by 2 differant dealers and both times having the alarm cause electrical faults in the vxr i have to ask the folowing!!!

1 is it possible to intergrate a non can-bus device into a car that incorperates can-bus ?

2 should vauxhall and other manufacturers not give a warning about the dangers of trying to do the above ?

3 if the non can-bus device was removed , would there be any longterm side effects to the vehicle ?

serious answers please as this is a topic that effects anyone thinking of fitting an after market electonic device ie alarms , turbo timers , stereos etc !

1, probably possible - but as you've found out ectremely hard.
    2, The companies that make the alarms should test their products and warn potential buyers.
    I don't see why Vauxhall should warn about aftermarket products...
    3, Depends on how much they have 'tapped' into exisiting wiring etc.

On the plus side.. I know Cobra Alarms do a Can-Bus version.
    I know a bloke on AstraSport who fits them to Astra H's... (username...Autosparks)
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

Comment

Alarm fitting

I have a Clifford Concept950 Alarm fitted to my VXR and i had a problem with the interior light coming on which was sorted by the alarm fitter who rewired the light. Other than that no other problems.

The fitter couldnt get the doors to lock and unlock because of the wiring set up. but i just lock it by the Vauxhall key fob, its hardly a drawback. Also the indicators at the front cannot be wired to flash upon arming because of the wiring all hidden in the sealed adaptive forward headlights.. But the Front Fog lights can, Which looks great as they flash when you set the alarm.

I put it down to the knowledge of the fitter. The selection of the person to fit it is all that matters. The guy that done mine worked for a small shop based ICE dealer. They do all types of ICE and fit alarms, Incar TV and Snoopers, sat nav etc. So i think they have alot of knowledge about all the different types of wiring within all types of car. They have fitted a lot of alarms to cars with canbus systems and its just a case of knowing how far you can go without damaging anything...

Hope that helps.

My dealer was Incar Electric, Hertford Road, Enfield, Middlesex. 0208 804 1200. Ask for Daryl or Mike

Mikeanic

Comment

cheers guys ive had big discussions with clifford and the installer, and at present im just going to hav the alarm module removed so i can sort interior lamp fault out !! clifford want me to keep the alarm but i will have to wait a bit longer for it refitting and then i should have something really cool

as for vehicle manufacturers warning us about potential problems with after market electonics , surely that would bea sensible thing to do :?

Comment

i've had Ice replaced, Tracker fitted, Hands free fitted, Sat TV and 2x Screens all on my ex 05 plate astra sri which had cam bus connection, all without any problems. I have always used the same company who my friend works for, and they mainly work on Vauxhall Special Projects, and BMW (which also use cam bus), they are a London based company with engineers in several locations in UK, they are called ISIS.

As for my VXR, the tracker, phone and ice are all upgrade options from new, but when it was re-maped it did show faults on the dash, but Jon at Thorney sorted it out in seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy
            i've had Ice replaced, Tracker fitted, Hands free fitted, Sat TV and 2x Screens all on my ex 05 plate astra sri which had cam bus connection, all without any problems. I have always used the same company who my friend works for, and they mainly work on Vauxhall Special Projects, and BMW (which also use cam bus), they are a London based company with engineers in several locations in UK, they are called ISIS.

As for my VXR, the tracker, phone and ice are all upgrade options from new, but when it was re-maped it did show faults on the dash, but Jon at Thorney sorted it out in seconds.
            cheers mandy , the present installer is a gr8 guy but theere has been a lack of communiction along the line and unfotunatly in these cars, as i hav found out theres no room 4 error !!

wrong wire = electrical faults

thinking of a remap when alarms finished , when r we having a yorkshire area meet so we can see the performance ?

Comment

Yep, I think it is about time we had a Yorkshire meet.

Comment

Working...
              X