This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front number plate fitting...

Any tips on fitment? I'm putting some private plates on soon, shall i bend it before i offer it up to the bumper or just keep it straight?

Ta

Daz
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Also, where can I get slightly smaller front plates from. The slightly smaller version looks so much better on the front as the car shows off more of its airdam.

Comment

Fancyplates.com

Once you have chosen your style you can choose a size.
      Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
        Also, where can I get slightly smaller front plates from. The slightly smaller version looks so much better on the front as the car shows off more of its airdam.
        No idea, perhaps you could stop someone and ask them whilst you are on duty. Then arrest them for having an incorrect sized numberplate, just for the hell of it.

Comment

Re: Front number plate fitting...

Originally posted by Daz5182
          Any tips on fitment? I'm putting some private plates on soon, shall i bend it before i offer it up to the bumper or just keep it straight?

Ta

Daz
          Use double sided tape from a good motor factor (tell them its for your number plate) Clean both surfaces and stick your plate on.......its as easy as that. No need to pre-bend front plate.
          I have seen quite a few VXR`s with their plates screwed on .......I REALLY HATE THAT AS THERE IS NO NEED !!!!

Comment

try these sites.

http://www.fancyplates.com/

http://www.demonplates.com/platebuilder.php

http://www.myshowplates.com/index.asp

http://www.gtgrafix.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
              No idea, perhaps you could stop someone and ask them whilst you are on duty. Then arrest them for having an incorrect sized numberplate, just for the hell of it.
              Thats a great idea Catherine, because then I could steal the plate when he was in the cells (after having given him a good shoeing of course).

Great idea... why didnt I think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
                Thats a great idea Catherine, because then I could steal the plate when he was in the cells (after having given him a good shoeing of course).

Great idea... why didnt I think of that?
                You two need to get a room...lmao

Comment

ya see i dont think he is a real wooden top...... just likes the attention

Comment

A wooden top I certainly aint, I didnt join to wear a booby on my head

Comment

It was funny whilst it lasted. Lets get back to the real topic.

Thanks.

Actaully, Halfords do sticky numberplate brackets. They are triangle in shape, and stick to the back of the numberplate. At one of the points they screw into the exsisting mounting place on the car. This way you do not need to bend the plate as it doe sit for you.

Comment

be carefull on bending the plates i stuck my front one on and bent it to far but the backing is now coming away from the front

Comment

heres a cunning plan, why not just unscrew your old plate and put it over the top of the new plate and drill thru the holes

works gr8

am i a genius , possibly :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by arden
                            heres a cunning plan, why not just unscrew your old plate and put it over the top of the new plate and drill thru the holes

works gr8

am i a genius , possibly :wink:
                            Because on the VXR the plates aren't screwed on (well mine aren't)

Comment

I fitted private a plate to my front bumper. Bent the plate for a couple of days and attached with Halfords adhesive pads. Has been on for 3 months and is very secure - no probs.

Andy H

Comment

Working...
                              X