This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event 25

I am over the moon that my dealer just informed me it is not too late to add some spec to my car. As a resuly I "informed him" that there are options for Keyless Entry/Push Button Start and Folding Mirrors. As a result of this site and my research I am now having them as extra's on my 56 plate when it arrives. So thanks for the site and the info, I would have gone without had it not been for this site.

But, I have been told my Astra is in "Event 25". So this got me ot thinking, my build date is Mid October and my Delivery Date is 10 days after that, so around 25th October. Does it sound like my car is on the production line, is it ahead of schedule or slightly behind? No idea what Event 25 is?

25 is the order submitted, yet to be added to the computer for production line thats why you can change your order, 35 is in build

Comment

You have up to EC30 to change your order. However PD what you may have missed is that this could change your delivery date depending on availability of parts for your additional options. May be worth checking and then deciding again if it does. The dealer can check for you, do not assume they have my friend.

Comment

I would say more mid november mate, I know how hard it is to stomach that but its better to know sooner than later.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you Police_Driver. Just added AFL to mine and I could have sworn I was already passed Event Code 30! Ah well looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer.

I so agree with you about websites like this. Like you I chose the Electrically foldable door mirrors but also the Sight and light pack • Rain-sensitive windscreen wipers • Electro-chromatic anti-dazzle rear-view mirror • Automatic lighting control. I'd never had known about being able to include these if it hadn't been for the info I gathered here and elsewhere. I mean, the Price Guide isn't exactly helpful there - doesn't list ALL the Astra options on the VXR page!

Looked at Keyless entry and start but decided against it - the special remote device - just another thing to forget IMO and leave in my desk at work - then get to the car (a tram ride away) and "oh dear I can't get in my car!" (I know you can overide with the key or something - haven't got brochure in front of me right now). Let us know how you get on with it - I'd be intetested. Anyone else got that option on their VXR?

Be sure to check out 'another site's' thread about what to look for when you take delivery.

Comment

i know of one over on astra-sri with the keyless entry and start on an earlier model, special order was placed

Comment

Dealer has been very helpful, he states he will confirm that the spec can be updated within 48 hrs. Didnt mention any delay, and I don't expect one. Im sure I would be informed if there was one. If there was so be it, the new corsa has just come out and he has offered me way over odds for my 03 SXi so it's in his interest. He is a top guy, management and knows the score, honest and gave me an unbelieveable deal.

Comment

Delivery to you will take longer than 10 days from build, more like 3 weeks in my experience, but dealer will give you an updated ADD. Thate date is to the dealer remember. Either way, worth the wait!!
                Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Well good news then. Think the start/stop is really good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
                    Dealer has been very helpful, he states he will confirm that the spec can be updated within 48 hrs. Didnt mention any delay, and I don't expect one. Im sure I would be informed if there was one.
                    I'm sure you would too, Around 500 of us this time last year had a letter from the Managing Director of Vauxhall apologising for the late delivery and guaranteeing delivery before 31st december, I collected mine on January 13th. However its more than worth the wait !!!

Comment

I added the push start the other day. Not sure what stage my order is at, but its been 6 weeks today. The dealership said they are unsure if it is too late, but will check for me. I have only been a member of this forum for a few days, but already learnt so much; inc these unlisted extras, and more importantly, the oil change @ the first 2500 then 5000 etc...

I've personally left the mirrors as my pocket was split ages ago & the loan cant get any bigger!

Comment

Originally posted by rflowers
                        I added the push start the other day. Not sure what stage my order is at, but its been 6 weeks today. The dealership said they are unsure if it is too late, but will check for me. I have only been a member of this forum for a few days, but already learnt so much; inc these unlisted extras, and more importantly, the oil change @ the first 2500 then 5000 etc...

I've personally left the mirrors as my pocket was split ages ago & the loan cant get any bigger!
                        Dont take those oil changes as gospel, thats just somebody elses opinion, Vauxhall stand by there being no need to change until 1 year or 20K, I would change at 1000 and at 5000 intervals from then on.

Comment

S3 VXR I know you were unlucky with your wait but from hearing others on here, it would seem you were an exception. Also, that was when the VXR's were first being rolled out, and that is when the delays and teething problems occur... I have seen the VXR's roll into my dealers and go out to those who ordered them. One last week came 3 weeks early, and the car was ordered 3 weeks before mine. So that has to be good news...

Comment

Being one of 500 is hardly an exception !!! Yes it is a long time ago !!! Yes yours will probably come on time !!! Yes the factory has been shut for an annual holiday since you placed your order !!! Im just trying to say dont count your chickens, then you wont be so dissapointed. I want you to have it tomorrow.

Comment

i am another of those first 500
                              and i know many more
                              but we are all happy now
                              even 10 months down the track

Comment

Working...
                              X