This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone watch vroom vrrom

what was going on with vroom vroom the other night??

there was a 25 year old girl on it tonight from MK with a VXR, doing the horespower challenge. this is where they try to prove that there car (with modifications) has more BHP than a stock one, she had a 2006 model vxr and she has a remap, sports exhaust and a custom charge cooler, she's spent £2000 on doing all this.

before modifications 240bhp

after modifications 241.1

not much of a gain for £2000

More here: http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13928

But Thorney (who is TMS) said in reply:

Originally posted by Thorney
    Its a bit more in depth I'm afraid. Vroom Vroom turned up with a variety of cars all of which were shot on the same day. A couple of them had mechanical problems and couldn't be run (we can't run a 4wd car with a buckled wheel for example - too dangerous) so they asked us to step in. We offered our CSL (400bhp) but they said it was 'too expensive' so asked for the Astra.

Now the Astra isn't owned by us (its Vauxhalls car) and was running in standard form as we were testing the charge cooler at the time so I agreed on the basis that the mods were listed as 'non power' and they agreed. Susi (at the time, she's since left) was our receptionist so she was designated the 'owner' rather than TMS. As usual with TV peeps a lot of this information ended up on the cutting room floor so I'm a bit hacked off it came off as it did, however thats life sometimes so no harm done.

Our car has now had the charge cooler removed to be set for production and is now running out new FMIC in testing, last run it made 278bhp but its not a level of tune I think we'll release just yet, too many variables.

Comment

Retracted

Retracted Sorry not PC

Comment

We didnlt supply any of the cars, Vroom Vroom supplied all the cars, owners etc, we deliberately didn't ask to have any of our cars in for that exact reason. However when 3 cars had problems, 2 owners were able to fix them on the day (one guy went out and bought 4 new tyres just to get it on the show) the TV peeps said they were short. We tried ringing a few mates but with literally an hours notice there wasn't time so we reluctantly siad they could use one of ours, it was this or the section of the show would've been cancelled.

Comment

To be hounest I dont waste my time watching it as its ****, when they had the vxr on it before their test for acceleration was whether the car can pull a table cloth off a table without dropping dishes wtf as I said ****

Comment

Originally posted by davidof
            And if that had been any other Tuners car just imagine the fall out from it.

Hey ho on to the next instalment, its a good job its not really a very good programme on extra terestrial tv.
            Wots the deal with u Dave u seem to njoi a poke at most posts replies relating to TMS (i have no affiliation nor am i a customer of TMS) but from the outside looking in and having looked at soime research looks to me as if uv got a fear of sum1 with greater knowledge than yourself ,whats that old saying again empty vessels make most noise ,if only u put as much effoet into getting a competitive touring car :wink:

Comment

I do have to say that Vroom Vroom does seem to be scraping the bottom end of the barrel when it comes to car programs, and thought that the tests in series 1 were laughable. Only thing that was slightly more interesting in second series was the HP Heroes, but again when I saw the VXR segment thought there was something iffy going on.

It seems there is a real gap in terms of a decent motor program as we only really have a choice of TG (which would be ok if it wasn't for JC, and the inherent dislike of anything that is not german or italian), Fifth Gear(which has always struggled and the new series got off to a very bad start in my opinion), and of course Vroom Vroom (less said the better).

Comment

Retracted

Retracted Sorry Not PC

Comment

As for Touring Car ,thats not my department, maybe if it was then who Knows!!!!!!
                  You'd properly be running a BMW or Merc on Germany's finest bangers!!

Either that or you'd be running a tuned version of your new company car!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie VXR
                    And if that had been any other Tuners car just imagine the fall out from it.

Hey ho on to the next instalment, its a good job its not really a very good programme on extra terestrial tv.
                    Wots the deal with u Dave u seem to njoi a poke at most posts replies relating to TMS (i have no affiliation nor am i a customer of TMS) but from the outside looking in and having looked at soime research looks to me as if uv got a fear of sum1 with greater knowledge than yourself ,whats that old saying again empty vessels make most noise ,if only u put as much effoet into getting a competitive touring car :wink:
                    No its a regular bit of Banter between us , There is a certain amount of respect between us but I think if you dig deeper youl find pops at Vxrpc from TMS are more common

It helps to keep the forums active

No offence is aimed at John we just like to wind each other up. It keeps us both on our Toes.

As for Touring Car ,thats not my department, maybe if it was then who Knows!!!!!!
                    :? TBH i aint noticed much banter ,mainly u having a pop at TMS on numerous occasions hense making urself look a bit of a DIK and in turn giving vxpc negative advertising :?

Comment

Sorry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Ok

Comment

Re: Sorry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Ok
                        Looks like you have a new best friend Dave ....

I for one tend to have a chuckle when i read some of your's and Johns posts on here....

Comment

Working...
                        X