X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emissions light?

First off i would like to say hi,

my name is luke, i have had my vxr for 2 weeks and loving it. I used to work for vauxhall as a tech but now work for saab, yesterday i put my old pre cat replacement pipe and sports cat off my old gsi onto the vxr, all was fine but after about 50 miles the emmisions light came on, i disconneted the battery and it has now stayed off. Anyone else had this problem? Also since fitting i can hear the turbo spool up alot more than i did with the gsi (had same turbo on) is this normal?

cheers

luke
    sigpic

luke high.

Have you put the TECH2 on as you know SAAB is VXL.

As for the turbos was the GSi std if so the turbos are different.

Comment

How many cells is is the cat, as I understood that 100 cells don't work very well on the Astra.

Comment

Hi,

unfortunatly our tech 2 doesnt recognise vauxhall, have tried using the generic scan tool but no luck, the turbo on my gsi was a vxr turbo as i put it on. it is a miltek pre cat replacement and a courtenay 200cpi sport cat.

cheers

luke
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luke.H
          Hi,

unfortunatly our tech 2 doesnt recognise vauxhall, have tried using the generic scan tool but no luck, the turbo on my gsi was a vxr turbo as i put it on. it is a miltek pre cat replacement and a courtenay 200cpi sport cat.

cheers

luke
          There is more than one type of VXR turbo !!!

Comment

yes i know i used to work for vauxhall, it was the astra vxr turbo forget the part no now, i have fitted 2 to my old car due to the first one letting go. either way it doesnt matter about the old car as i have a problem with the new car and the emissions light.

cheers luke
            sigpic

Comment

this is prbably one for the tuners, i took the car to my old garage earlier and tech 2 threw up

P0420 - symt - 11
              Catalyst system effeciency below threshold bank 1.

all joints and lamda sensors ect are sealed/connected properly, has anyone come across this?
              sigpic

Comment

had my emissions light coming on got a friend who works at the dealers to reset it only for it to come on again ,so i diss the battery then a week later it come on again .so i booked it back to the dealer this weekend and was told the second lambda has locked up with no signal getting to the ecu so its going in on friday for a new one.
                Magnex Exhaust .TXA sports cat,CDTI box,KN air filter ,TXA top hat pipe ,dreamscience handset ,white line rarb ..Now have a Astra j VXR

Comment

Working...
                X