This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i lower if ridding on 19"s

Hopefully someone can advise me, I opted for the 19" alloys when i bought my car, i've had Stage 2 remap done, and i am now thinking of spending some more money on the babe.
    I think i would like the car to sit a bit lower (as a 888 has arrived a few doors away and people are asking why that sits lower), according to Jon at Thorney i should have stuck with the 18" as handleing is better, but i don't like the 18" VXR alloys, nor have i seen any i do like, so my question is can i still ride on 19" for now and get a lowering job done, and will i get roughley what i want, "mine to look better sat on the drive than the 888"?

Thanks

yes you can

JohnnyVXR has the KW varient 3's and he is riding on 19's with approx 30mm drop, plus there is a few others with lowering springs sitting on 19's

John is right on the handling riding on 18's

Comment

all 3 dropped approx 30mm

Comment

Thanks Shane,

Where would you recommend to go. I liked Jon, he was honest and not pushy, it was just a long wait.

Comment

me and Johnny had our suspension fitted at TMS without any problems
          give John a call and see what he can sort out for you.

Comment

Yeah, we're a bit busy at moment. We could do mid October.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie

Can some one please tell me what wheels are on the silver VXR please

Comment

Originally posted by Dene
                Originally posted by Aussie

Can some one please tell me what wheels are on the silver VXR please
                silver vxr thats a dirty soot spitting 888 diesel
                they are the wheels that came on the car i think pretty much the same as team dynamics from halfrauds

Comment

cheers for that buddy

Comment

eibach springs £120 lmf

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

That Arden VXR lowered has made me do a little sex wee!

Gotta get some springs on mine now, but are the standard shox up to it?
                      Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                      Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                        Thanks John,

Will contact you shortly to arrange, what are rough costs (Guide only) and can you recommend doing anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasher
                          Gotta get some springs on mine now, but are the standard shox up to it?

of course they are,
                          keep in mind the VXR dampers are 40 & 50% stiffer over the SRi's and rebound springs have been added, i know many with SRi's who have fitted aftermarket springs without any problems and also a few doing the same with their VXR's.
                          Both the red & blue VXR's above have been fitted with fully adjustable coilovers but a simple spring replacement will do the job for looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy
                            Originally posted by Thorney
                            Thanks John,

Will contact you shortly to arrange, what are rough costs (Guide only) and can you recommend doing anything else?

that will depend on what you are after Mandy
                            from a simple lowering spring through to a KW varient 3 fully adjustable coilover with geometry set up like what Johnny and i opted for,
                            there is also varient 1 (factory pre-set up dampening and adjustable spring height) & varient 2 (adjustable rebound damping & spring)

more info
                            http://www.kwsuspensions.de/uk/30_Products/index.php

Comment

vxr dave,

Think I'll ring lmf as its nice to see how my red one would look!

I take it the springs are £120 for the front and £120 for the back?

ANDY

Comment

Working...
                              X