This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a machine!

Have just bought an ex-demo VXR (Arden Blue, 19", ECC) from billingtons in flitwick, really impressed with the dealer and the car!

I like the way that when you press the sport button with a constant throttle on the car surges forward slightly, feels like it's cracking its knuckles and saying "come on then" !

I wonder if these questions have come up before?

1) No spare wheel, anyone got any experience of sourcing a spare that will fit, from past experience I know the tyre foam is rubbish

2) Tyre pressures for the 19" aren't quoted in the book, any ideas.

Cheers

Great forum!

Re: What a machine!

Originally posted by Pininfarina22
    Have just bought an ex-demo VXR (Arden Blue, 19", ECC) from billingtons in flitwick, really impressed with the dealer and the car!

I like the way that when you press the sport button with a constant throttle on the car surges forward slightly, feels like it's cracking its knuckles and saying "come on then" !

I wonder if these questions have come up before?

1) No spare wheel, anyone got any experience of sourcing a spare that will fit, from past experience I know the tyre foam is rubbish

2) Tyre pressures for the 19" aren't quoted in the book, any ideas.

Cheers

Great forum!
    purchase either a second hand one from the scrap yard or buy a space saver.it has to be min 16 inch put it on the back and fit back wheel to the front this is because of the size of the calipers on the front.as for pressure i think it's 35 psi same as the 18's but may be wrong.
    hope this helps

Comment

Congrats on your new car and for chosing the best colour - good to hear of another Arden VXR not far from me!!!

As for tyre pressures for the 19"s - they are indeed listed in the handbook if you look closely enough - its 35 for the front and 32 for the rear (based upon normal load)!

I'm sure I read somewhere that an 18" SRI wheel will fit in the wheel well but I'm yet to have that confirmed?

Comment

Too heavy. Try folding your parcel shelf down and using a circle shaped coathanger for a spare wheel.

Comment

vectra runs front 42 / rear 38 psi, on 19s ... in the book
          2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
            Too heavy. Try folding your parcel shelf down and using a circle shaped coathanger for a spare wheel.
            all i can say is spam spam spam.p d if you dont have anything helpful to say is why bother

Comment

Have a sense of humour Michael for god sake. I participate in this forum alot, it was only a joke based on historic comments.

Comment

now now boys lighten up life too short get out in your cars and have some fun :P :P

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Have a sense of humour Michael for god sake. I participate in this forum alot, it was only a joke based on historic comments.

lol... you cant win PD

Comment

If you are looking for a spare wheel, my local dealer has/had 2 vectra 16" wheels in (1 is now in my spare wheel well and I don't know if they still have the other)

Anyway, it's Charles Warners in Lincoln (01522 806240 - Direct line to parts)

Mine was £50 including VAT and a Jack, wheel brace and foam holder comes to £42 including VAT (with 10% discount)

I know it won't fit over the front brakes, but it'll fit over the backs (as far as I know, I'll probably find out on the hard shoulder it doesn't!)
                    Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                    Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Originally posted by Andyuk911
                      vectra runs front 42 / rear 38 psi, on 19s ... in the book
                      thats cause the Vec is heavy like a barge.

i run 35 all round in mine and its fine.

Comment

this is very funny PCD.

How about the foam base off a tesco pizza. its about the right size and shape its also light wieght.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                          this is very funny PCD.

How about the foam base off a tesco pizza. its about the right size and shape its also light wieght.
                          How about the spare from an Astra Panda car??? I can dig Police Driver's humour - just a shame the traffic cops here in MK dont appreciate mine :wink:

Comment

cause they cant get one them selves just offer them a drive of yours then they might nick them selve for speeding.

Comment

Page 328 of Owner's Manual - Tyre Pressure are 35psi all round for upto 3 people, 36psi Front 42psi Rear for fully loaded car.

Comment

Working...
                              X