X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has fitted the magnex system ??

what do u think of the system?

What is the general sound like ?

How loud is it on the motor way at 80 mph ?

I am thinking about going for this system and fitting a high flow cat later. :P

Re: Who has fitted the magnex system ??

Originally posted by regaltang
    what do u think of the system?

What is the general sound like ?

How loud is it on the motor way at 80 mph ?

I am thinking about going for this system and fitting a high flow cat later. :P
    try sending a pm to boom know he has had it fitted and he sounds quite impressed with it.

Comment

So impressed I Believe he is selling his car !!!

Comment

fitted one a couple of weeks ago and it pretty good the only problem is that my emission light has come on ,reading reports of other exhausts seems it happens alot seems the front lamba dont like the heat throught the cat bypass .
        Magnex Exhaust .TXA sports cat,CDTI box,KN air filter ,TXA top hat pipe ,dreamscience handset ,white line rarb ..Now have a Astra j VXR

Comment

Selling my car for the right reasons I might add. HOUSE BUYING.

The magnex system is fantastic mate. Great sound, not too loud, looks brilliant, and the fit is perfect. I

Please don't be fooled my alot of people on these forums as they will plug for the milltek either becuase they have one or they are frightened of competetion and I do believe they are a little upset at how the magnex was marketed. Ahh what a shame.

Seriously I coudln't recommend it enough. It costs alot less that the full milltek so you could save money there and as I type this I hear all the milltek owners clearing their throat saying "well it hasn't got a sports cat and if it did it would cost the same". It produces the same power.

Milltek is a good sytem as well you won't be disappointed with that but be mindful and don't be fooled. Seek alot of advice from various people before making a decsion if you want to buy a sports exhaust for your VXR.

don't follow the crowd as they are not always going the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Essex kol
            fitted one a couple of weeks ago and it pretty good the only problem is that my emission light has come on ,reading reports of other exhausts seems it happens alot seems the front lamba dont like the heat throught the cat bypass .
            I have no sports cat fitted to mine.

Magnex I know developed the exhaust without a sports cat becuase it didn't produce anymore power from the standard cat, and they didn't think it was worth it.

Sorry to hear that mate all I can say is that I have had no problems what so ever with mine.

Because of the downpipe there is not as much back pressure going back into the engine. A simple adjustment with sort that I believe. PM one of the tuners and they can help with that.

Comment

Excellent advice to look around. Miltek is very good quality but after several discussion with the people in the know I decided not to go for the Miltek on the Vectra so saved a potential £700 spend. Also if the standard system copes with 300ps wots the point on wasting that money as I probably would have to change it again if I wanted more than 300PS.

Also the Vectra sounds good anyway from the start. tee hee

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                Excellent advice to look around. Miltek is very good quality but after several discussion with the people in the know I decided not to go for the Miltek on the Vectra so saved a potential £700 spend. Also if the standard system copes with 300ps wots the point on wasting that money as I probably would have to change it again if I wanted more than 300PS.

Also the Vectra sounds good anyway from the start. tee hee
                I agree there are options and I want to be careful here and I don't want to start a war but I'm saying this for the new members and for the new members only.

The milltek is the first and so far only endorsed exhaust for the VXR so by definition, any new exhaust will either be:-

1.Not as good
                2.Not the same welding(yes someone has suggested that's an issue?! :? )
                3.cheap and nasty
                4.wrong colour or shape, size etc.

Wrong, wrong wrong.

Could it be that magnex have actually developed an exhaust that is as good if not better than the milltek, surely not, this cannot be.

I thought the milltek was fantastic when I heard it but I still feel the magnex has the edge.

Magnex john came on here and didn't do himself any favours in my opinion when he marketed the magnex and I think he's paying the price. That is a crying shame becuase magnex has a fantastic product and I hope all you new members thinking of going for an exhaust aren't put off.

It produces 6-8bhp on it's own, no sports cat.

The magnex comes with a lifetime guarentee so if the fitting is wrong you can take it to the dealer you had it fitted from and they will sort it for you - no charge.

Also care needs to be taken when getting advice from the various prospective tuners because all VXR tuners are supplied milltek by TMS and fit millteks themselves so they are hardly going to say "mate, I know we sell the milltek but I still reckon you should opt for the magnex cos it's better. go and spend your x amount elsewhere"

And yes there are alot more milltek owners out there but we all know why cos I have mentioned a few reasons. Do alot of homework and research and speak to people maybe outside of the tuners and ask them. Look at the design and fitting of both systems aswell and go for it.

Iv'e had my say now but seriously i'm selling my car becuase the magnex is crap

Comment

thanks for all your advise.Sorry to here you have to sell your car boom.

I am going to go for a milltek system - the high flow cat.as the magnex system is restricted by 2" after the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by regaltang
                    thanks for all your advise.Sorry to here you have to sell your car boom.

I am going to go for a milltek system - the high flow cat.as the magnex system is restricted by 2" after the cat.
                    Great choice mate, glad all that previous drivel didnt put you off, you get what you pay for. Sure its more expensive but if you want to save cash just buy half a Milltek the same as the half bit Magnex sell!!

Comment

I would say there were 100s of miltek owners, there are only a handful of magnex owners. All the milteks will have been payed for, the same cannot be said for the magnexs, I believe Booms was a trial run for the company that fitted it. The miltek produces more power, follow the crowd have more power, end of !!!

Comment

reason i have a milltek on mine is that its vauxhall approved and doesnt effect the warrenty and I have always heard good things about milltek's quality

Comment

Boom has a point, DO look into all the options, but at the same time talking to actual owners must give the best impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
                            I would say there were 100s of miltek owners, there are only a handful of magnex owners. All the milteks will have been payed for, the same cannot be said for the magnexs, I believe Booms was a trial run for the company that fitted it. The miltek produces more power, follow the crowd have more power, end of !!!
                            Never underestimate daft people.................. in large groups!!

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
                              The miltek produces more power, follow the crowd have more power, end of !!!
                              Says you who probably had a spare £1200 to throw at an all singing and dancing Full Milltek system which is of course gonna produce more BHP than the Magnex system which is half the price.

You see this isnt just about "what has more power/what looks better" its about what the individual can afford in relation to BHP to £'s at the end of the day. I'd love a full Milltek system but unlike some of you on here who have "Less resposibilities" than others, I cant.

My resolution to this was to ask John at TMS who if a full system can be aquired in several stages (which it can so I can save the money bit by bit) so thats me sorted but had it not been possible then I would have gone for the Magnex which produces more power than the cat back Milltek. The tailpipe, welding issue is neither here or there for me cos I cant see an international company like Magnex producing crap. Whats next - bash the Scorpion system based upon no knowledge of it whatsover? My only gripe with that is that the tailpipe is not to my liking...

Comment

Working...
                              X