This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperGuard

I took the option of having Vaux apply a SuperGuard product to my vxr for a bit of protection. thought is wasnt that bad for the money. Just a quick question; as I am having this stuff applied, should I leave it for a while to wear off before I polish/wax her, or can I start that pretty much straight away once i get it?

I know this bit has been covered in another thread, but there is a mix up of opinions... What product would you recommend I use to actually wash my car, (i.e. which 'shampoo'). I've read on here not to use a spunge, and try a wool mit which does sound better. Then what polish + wax to use? I dont actually want to spend TOO much on the stuff, but I want to look after her, and not having much exp with looking after cars, I'm stumped here.

Rob

when i picked up my car i was told not to was the car for 2 weeks lets the stuff get into the paint ? thats what thay said.If you have not got the car just ask to be on safe side. I use wool mit and MEGUIAR'S polish wax and other bits its all down to how much time and money you want to spend.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Hi Rob

I had mine done at the dealers before i got it, although ive heard conflicting reports about the stuff i have to say i found it to be good. Ive done around 6000 miles now and i have 1 stone chip at the front of the bonnet and the car does come up pretty good with just a wash.

Comment

i dont have suparguard but i wash car with a mit then just use the meguirs polish wax comes up lovely and not too exspensive from halfords and very easy to use
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

As far as im concerned from 3 people i know that the feeling i get is that it is overhyped and not as good as it says.
          If you have 1 stonechip then that is 1 too many. Only paintshield will guarantee perfect paintwork in 5 years and supaguard and diamondbrite which is another joke are not worth it.
          I have 2 full diamond brite kits in my garage that i wouldnt even bother putting on as a proper wax and seal will do the same job.
          A friend of mine locally has just given up the franchise for a local vauxhall dealership washing and valeting service and feels the same....hence the 2 kits in my garage...If any of you are going to the southeast sri meet in tonbridge and i can get there i will bring them along and i will give them away...
          HeavenlyDetail
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

your defo about paintshield if its stone chips you want to stop, ive not had one on mine

Comment

And your car looks dripping wet dave. Mine will be booked in for full front end and full front wings when arrives and treated to a full zymol concours. Hope it drips like your photos at paintshield do
              HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

cheers mate hope yours gose as well as mine did.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Had enough of waiting now just want the beast!

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                    As far as im concerned from 3 people i know that the feeling i get is that it is overhyped and not as good as it says.
                    If you have 1 stonechip then that is 1 too many. Only paintshield will guarantee perfect paintwork in 5 years and supaguard and diamondbrite which is another joke are not worth it.
                    I have 2 full diamond brite kits in my garage that i wouldnt even bother putting on as a proper wax and seal will do the same job.
                    A friend of mine locally has just given up the franchise for a local vauxhall dealership washing and valeting service and feels the same....hence the 2 kits in my garage...If any of you are going to the southeast sri meet in tonbridge and i can get there i will bring them along and i will give them away...
                    Interesting comments Marc, but reading other posts i dont think 1 stonechip too bad considering some of the problems other owners have had. Just my opinion i wouldnt put paintshiled on my car. When you buy something new like a mobile phone etc the first thing you do is pull the plastic cover off it. It goes without saying if you cover stuff up it will protect it but again IMO bareback is better :wink:
                    I also have doubts about natural paint fade when some parts are covered up and other parts of the bodywork exposed.
                    I can just see the red paintshield vxr's driving around in a few years looking like a British holidaymaker in Spain, all blistered and peeling.

Comment

A few years ago I owned a MG ZR160 to which before I picked the car up from the dealership I had the full Superguard works. The product is a good product don`t get me wrong, however if you wish to keep the wax applied then the aftermarket kits are very expensive, and to be fair there are much better products out there at a cheaper price.

I do highly recommend the Superguard Interior Protector though, as that was a life saver to my MG. Water just simply runs off any cloth material within the cars cockpit, and any stains sit on top of the material so that it can be easily wiped off.

Comment

is this the paint protection which is an option from vauxhall? if so is it not an actaul film? does it just sink into the paint or whatever, just wondering cause im curretnly wondering how agressive polishes would work with it?

Comment

Yeah basically it is just a yellow coloured wax that they apply to the bodywork of the vechicle, it puts a protective coating over the paintwork.

They say that it will protect your car bodywork for upto 12mths thats purely from one application, however I use to re-apply the wax myself every other month or so.

I have attached the link below for you to have a further read:

http://www.supagard.co.uk/

Comment

cheers amte, is that the stuff that costs a couple of hundred quid? surely not if its just wax??

Comment

Yeah unfortantly the kit is very expensive, they do sell the products in box sets for I think £20, that`ll get you 2 x wax, or 2 x wash.

The starter kit is priced in the region of £100, however it does contain everything to introduce your car to the Supaguard products. I found this was always a good present to add to your chrismas wish list.

Comment

Working...
                              X