Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

milltek help - 56k warning (update 9/11/06)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milltek help - 56k warning (update 9/11/06)

Decided just to get Vauxhall to fit my exhaust and change my oil but they have come across a problem. They cant get the tail pipe to sit right and are sure the end piece is welded on squint? It tilts down at the passenger side and the passenger side sits further in. There was also two blobs of weld on the tail pipe but said I wasnt too bothered since its not visible when fitted. There going to get their demonstrator on the ramp tomorrow and have a proper look at the milltek on that as after a quick look it seems perfect.

[/img]

Your best bet is to contact John at TMS (aka Thorney). They are the offical supplier and has given help and advice to a fair few dealers!

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/contact_us.php

Comment

Some thing not quite right with that one

I heard that they are all madein a Jig so should all be the same might have been damaged in the transit to the dealers.

Comment

the dealer is going to contact them tomorrow but I will leave the pictures up for both the dealer and thorney to see to advise

Comment

for information its the pre-cat pipe and cat back they fitted. They come very well packaged so would be surprised if it was damaged during transit

Comment

A dealer fitted mine too, it burnt the lower rear spoiler, John at TMS replaced the exhaust under warranty. It sat similar to yours mate.

Comment

was just an idea mate.

Comment

Looks like one of the early ones, we can swap this out under warranty.

Comment

right my replacement backbox arrived in at vauxhall last week and was fitted this evening but it was the same as the first, maybe a touch better but still bad. They put there demo on the ramps and compared everything but nothing obvoius so took the backbox off of that and put it on mine. It seemed to sit fine, a little low but that is alot easier to sort than being squint. Anyway just to see they put my new replacement one on the demo car and it sat squint. Am I just having bad luck and got another faulty one? Please people with millteks put up pics so I can see how they generally sit.

Thanks

Comment

Hmmmmm

I must say that every Milltek i have seen seems to sit out proud on one side.

All the VXR's at the VXRPC open day had this problem to a greater or lesser extent !!!

The jig must be slightly out

This reason has put me more in the Magnex camp for fit to be honest.

However if the problem is definately sorted then the Milltek is back on the list as well etc

Comment

The silencer shifts under expansion and can end up in a different position,
                      The best way is to fit the system sealed but not tottally tight, run the car up to temp, position the exhaust ,clamp up tight and run again some tweaking of the hangers on the car maybe required, it takes time to get right and they can still move at a later date.

Comment

Jig was changed from the early builds so not aware of any issues now. As David says they can move with heat. Happy to supply another one or refit for free (appreciate that distance may make that hard for you).

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                          Jig was changed from the early builds so not aware of any issues now. As David says they can move with heat. Happy to supply another one or refit for free (appreciate that distance may make that hard for you).
                          The garage has another cat back system on order (should be in any day they say) so once they have fitted that to the customers car they are going to decide what to do. The car has the pre-cat replacement pipe so I thought maybe thats been fitted at the slightest wrong angle but it looks in the exact same position as the standard pre cat but there is flexi pipe in the cat so shouldnt really make a difference. Will keep you posted but if people can get pics up I would appretiate it.

Cheers

Comment

System should be fitted all together, if you're upgrading from one to the other (as we did to someone just yesterday) we actually refit the whole system.

Comment

Working...
                            X