Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed - Squeek from Rear Suspension...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed - Squeek from Rear Suspension...

Bit of help needed - my cars currently in my local dealership after some t*at decided to drive into the back of me. As its in I've asked them to take a look at a sqeek/rattling noise thats appeared from the rear suspension. I'm sure I've read a previous post of someone with the same problem??

Could anyone please let me know if they've had the same problem and how it was resolved. Need a bit of ammnunition to throw back at the dealership if they say it can't find a problem as they have yet to fix a single problem I have had with my previous cars, they're absolutely crap!

Cheers

yer i had/have the same problem, i put some silcon spray on it, went a way for a bit, its just the rubber mount. but it has come back again so going to get vxl to sort it when i get time.

Comment

I've got the same problem, my dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong with the suspension and it sounded like it was comming from behind the side panels in the back, I told them they were talking bo**ocks and I am going to take it to another dealership in my area who have dealt with the same problem on a number of these cars.

Comment

seems you lot need to get a good dealer and stick with them even if it means traveling i do 100m round trip to my dealer when another one of the same group is only 12m down the road.

Comment

I have had mine back to the dealer for the same thing too.
          Driving slowly (OK so not that often) it sounded like I had an old bed in the back, was driving me nuts!
          However an hour later, a bit of silicon grease on the rubber bushes and it was gone. That was 1 month ago still OK.

Comment

Anyone had any success in getting this sorted long term, I'm making a little list for the local dealer and this ones still on it.

Comment

been to my dealer today and they said that they all do it, mine doesn't when i'm driving just when i get out of the car. I'm not too worried but it seems its a common problem.
              Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

We've seen a couple where the rear bushes have become twisted in the mount and need re-fitting, only way to detect it is to remove them and re-fit. That sorted the car we had with this. Other explanation could be trim related rather than shocks, as ever with noises its a question of knowing where to look and then chasing it down.

Comment

mouse in the back end !!!

There was a post on this. I posted too. Praps on another site.
                  Cure is white/black spray grease on the rear rubber torsion bar suspension bushes.
                  Hintons Bath didnt have any so with empty tank jacked it up and sprayed all over.Noise not been back.
                  Previous attempts with silicon and a little bit of grease failed.
                  Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Working...
                  X