X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacky number plates?

Hi all,

I have just been looking through dvla's site for a reg to go on the astra when she gets here. Was actually looking for my initals which turned out cheap, but then thought of 'VXR'...

Do you think they would look cheap/tacky? Slightly considering it so some negative opinions would help

http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/en/Se...yes&string=VXR

I'm half wondering if they might be a nice little investment before more vxr's start appearing on the road?

Cheers
    Rob

I have a 'VXR' plate and so do many others on this site. Again, as with many cosmetic changes it's a matter of taste. I think it's fine...

Andy H

Comment

I have bought N22 VXR (my initial and house number :mrgreen: ) but won't change it over until I've milked the 56 for a while (car due later this month)

Comment

I think you'll find a lot of people have VXR plates, including me

Comment

yeh im the same gonna buy 1 but cos im on a 56 plate gonna leave it till xmas
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I've had my private plate for years now, see them a lot, i've always liked it, finishes the car off i think.

I'm on 06 which is new for me so i'm waiting till the 07 are released to get it on.
            Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
              I've had my private plate for years now, see them a lot, i've always liked it, finishes the car off i think.

I'm on 06 which is new for me so i'm waiting till the 07 are released to get it on.
              You cant put an 07 on a 06 car.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                Originally posted by Daz5182

You cant put an 07 on a 06 car.
                I think what he is saying is that he already has a private plate and waiting for the 06 to become "unfassionable" before outing plate on his car

Comment

that's it Boss VXR....

Ta
                  Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

oh i see said the blind man to his def dog.

I flashed mine about for 5-6 weeks befor putting on my plate.

Comment

dont let pd know your flashing or he'll have you off down the nick lol he's the only flasher on here lmao
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by napster
                        I have bought N22 VXR (my initial and house number :mrgreen: ) but won't change it over until I've milked the 56 for a while (car due later this month)
                        Ah thats the plate i wanted to buy, then some git nicked it!

Comment

Originally posted by meloe
                          Originally posted by napster
                          Ah thats the plate i wanted to buy, then some git nicked it!
                          When I was on my way to collect the Monaro from the dealer, I saw the number plate I had been after for years (V8 CMH) on a motorbike... I was so tempted to clip him of his bike ... I hasten to add that I did not and ended up with an alternative

Comment

I would go as far as saying that most owners have the vxr plates as seen in most meet photos. Have mine and car not due till 2007..
                            HeavenlyDetail
                            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

i looked for ages for a plate for the GSi.

AG 51 VAN = A GS1 VAN
                              AG 51 MPV = A GS1 MPV
                              AG 51 TUR = A GS1 TURbo
                              AG 51 ZAF = A GS1 ZAFira

but was not able to get thses plates when the funds were ready.

So i looked for alternatives.
                              W 4 NKR
                              W 4 NKA

Nothing but then i saw this and i got it for the sum of £250.00 all in from the DVLA.

J 15 UMM = JI5UMM

Comment

Working...
                              X