This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retro fit of efm.

HI JUST THOUGHT I WOULD AS IF ANYBODY KNOWS OF A RETRO FIT FOR ELECTRIC FOLDING DOOR MIRRORS,REASON FOR THIS IS NO I AM NOT A LAZY BAR STUARD AND HAVE VERY SHORT ARMS AND CANT REACH THE MIRRORS,BUT I AM NOW PEED OFF WITH HAVING STUPID DRIVERS THAT THINK THEY HAVE TO DRIVE ON THE PAVEMENT INSTEAD OF THE ROAD AND HAVE NOW HAD MY MIRRORS WACKED TWICE,NOT HAPPY AS NON OF US WOULD BE,YES IT CAN BE SAID YOU SHOULD OF PUSHED THEM IN THEN I AGREE BUT WHEN RUSHING I SOMETIMES FORGET AND LEARN THE HARD WAY,UNFORTUNATLY THIS WAS NOT AN OPTION WHEN I PURCHASED.ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED.

LH Mirror: 13141991
    RH Mirror: 13141990
    Door Switch, Front Windows Only:13183691

Will coat over £150 and will need to be programed with tech2.

Comment

HI ALEX THANKS FOR THAT INFO,I PRESUME THIS CAN ALL BE DONE AT A VAUX DEALER,YOU MENTION FRONT WINDOWS WHAT IS THIS REF,IS IT JUST NOT TWO NEW MIRRORS FITTED AND WIRED THEN PROGRAMED TO KEYFOB,SORRY IF THIS SOUNDS STUPID.

Comment

can you turn cps lock off.

the window switch is also the mirror controll. to operate the mirrors to fold you will need to press the round button down.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
          can you turn cps lock off.

the window switch is also the mirror controll. to operate the mirrors to fold you will need to press the round button down.
          Did you manage to actually get this retro fit to work on your car Alex?
          I tried and failed

PM'd some questions for you

cheers
          Mark
          sigpic

Comment

ALEX CPS PLEASE ELABERATE WHAT THIS MEANS,I HAVE THE STANDARD VXR ELECTRIC MIRRORS FITTINGS AND SWITCHES JUST NEED THE UPGRADE AGAIN SORRY FOR BEING STUPID .THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Comment

caps lock.

looks like your SHOUTING

Comment

alex shouting is not the word just peeeed with dickheads who cannott drive on the road as if it is not wide enough anyway,that they need to wipe out the side of your car.anyway was yours a retro fit or factory fit,cost wise is it much more than 150.00 as the factory fit is only 125/150.00.

Comment

not had mine done yet but soon i was quoted £145.00 inc VAT for the parts but i do have a good dealer with a very good parts manager.

Comment

what about fitting is your local dealer going to do or are you going elsewhere,have you been quoted a price for fitting.

Comment

i would look at fitting them myself as i used to be a techy

Comment

Working...
                      X