Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to collect your VXR from a dealer ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to collect your VXR from a dealer ?

The list below was compiled by VXR owners for new VXR owners, it lists common faults with post PDId cars. Print it out before you go to collect your car and tick it off when you are satisfied that all the points do not apply to your new pride and joy. If anybody comes across anything new then add it to the list.

*Examine thoroughly Alloy wheels especially 19s
    *Check for that elusive B Pillar trim
    *Check the engine is well cleaned (or you'll be convinced for weeks you can smell petrol)
    *You have some fuel!
    *Side skirts firmly attached
    *Check your looking at the right car
    *Check to see if Glovebox tray is included ( This item may be deleted in the 07 Model )
    *Check the mats are there
    *Check the Valve caps are on the wheels
    *Check paperwork thoroughly, finance docs, registration etc.
    *Check the emergency repair kit is in the wheel well
    *Check exhaust end that its sitting in the bumper cut out and not dropped
    *Check weather strips are on under leading edge of bonnet (Deleted I believe for the 07MY)
    *Check condition of Seat Bolsters, the leather can be creased on the Outer Drivers Bolster
    *Check that the 'TRANSPORT BLOCKS' have been removed from the front suspension springs!
    *Check front and rear skirting, has been known to scrape on some coming off the transporters
    *Check Delivery mileage is reasonable
    *Check rear bumper is attached both sides
    *Check any RECALLS have been carried out - only one i believe outstanding for VXR at the moment is Wrong spark plugs
    *Check the Black wheel bolt caps havent been 'Bleached' white by the valeters Wheel Acid!
    * Check paintwork for dings, scratches, swirls (would YOU let a YTS clean your car... Dealers do)
    * Locking Wheel Nut Security Key
    * Audio System PIN Code
    * Ingnition Key Serial Number (in case replacement is required)
    * Owners Handbook (You'll be surprised how often this is missing)

good list

good idea to do this as you dont want to be taking it back in a weeks time.

Comment

Yep, this is good idea for all new owners. Maybe this should be sticky, and we can add other things to look out for 'as and when'....?

Comment

Re: About to collect your VXR from a dealer ?

Originally posted by S3 VXR
        The list below was compiled by VXR owners for new VXR owners, it lists common faults with post PDId cars. Print it out before you go to collect your car and tick it off when you are satisfied that all the points do not apply to your new pride and joy. If anybody comes across anything new then add it to the list.

*Examine thoroughly Alloy wheels especially 19s
        *Check for that elusive B Pillar trim
        *Check the engine is well cleaned (or you'll be convinced for weeks you can smell petrol)
        *You have some fuel!
        *Side skirts firmly attached
        *Check your looking at the right car
        *Check to see if Glovebox tray is included ( This item may be deleted in the 07 Model )
        *Check the mats are there
        *Check the Valve caps are on the wheels
        *Check paperwork thoroughly, finance docs, registration etc.
        *Check the emergency repair kit is in the wheel well
        *Check exhaust end that its sitting in the bumper cut out and not dropped
        *Check weather strips are on under leading edge of bonnet (Deleted I believe for the 07MY)
        *Check condition of Seat Bolsters, the leather can be creased on the Outer Drivers Bolster
        *Check that the 'TRANSPORT BLOCKS' have been removed from the front suspension springs!
        *Check front and rear skirting, has been known to scrape on some coming off the transporters
        *Check Delivery mileage is reasonable
        *Check rear bumper is attached both sides
        *Check any RECALLS have been carried out - only one i believe outstanding for VXR at the moment is Wrong spark plugs
        *Check the Black wheel bolt caps havent been 'Bleached' white by the valeters Wheel Acid!
        the transport blocks are they 2 black rubber blocks in the coil spring 2 on each side if so i have got them in mine how do u get em out ????????????
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

* Check paintwork for dings, scratches, swirls (would YOU let a YTS clean your car... Dealers do)
          * Locking Wheel Nut Security Key
          * Audio System PIN Code
          * Ingnition Key Serial Number (in case replacement is required)
          * Owners Handbook (You'll be surprised how often this is missing)

Comment

Re: About to collect your VXR from a dealer ?

Originally posted by worsy
            the transport blocks are they 2 black rubber blocks in the coil spring 2 on each side if so i have got them in mine how do u get em out ????????????
            You should be able to just pull them out, but take it to the dealer and rub it in about how your life has been endangered by their incompetence, ask what else have they forgotten to do ? Demand the next 10 years services for free, parts and labour inclusive.

Comment

worsy you are joking surely
              HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                worsy you are joking surely
                about wot marc ?
                sigpic
                M.U.F.C.

Comment

i'm also still waiting for my mats too had the car three wks and still aint got em not a happy bunny at all so far , the car is the nuts tho, shame about the muppets who did the pdi
                  sigpic
                  M.U.F.C.

Comment

picking the car up with blocks still in...wasnt the ride hard or am i missing a point here
                    HeavenlyDetail
                    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

didnt really notice the wife complained a bit about it but just thought it was normal i mean its not something you look for in a new car when u aint had 1 before have screamed at the company also the rear seatbelt wasnt working took em nearly three wks to sort that not happy i tell you .....
                      sigpic
                      M.U.F.C.

Comment

im goin to get the b pillar trim p0ut on mine this weekend but what should i say, if they say they dont know anything about it, or that its not supposed to be on it?

Comment

Originally posted by N3 VXR
                          im goin to get the b pillar trim p0ut on mine this weekend but what should i say, if they say they dont know anything about it, or that its not supposed to be on it?
                          Tell them that it most certainly should be on there unless of course your car is black but even then I am still sure it should be there. Show them the pictures in the brochures. If you have no luck at all at that point tell them that you will be seeking advice from Vauxhall Management and ask for the principal dealers name. Come back to us and we will tell you what to do next !!!

Comment

the black b-pillar trim is not standard onm the black models

Comment

I got a black VXR delivered 2 weeks ago (07 build) and it has the b-pillar trim.

Still may not be standard, but I got it without asking for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X