This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not happy with vauxhalls

what can i say i think the car is the best motor ive ever had and ive had a few BUT for starters i'm still waiting to get my car mat's after 3 wks of persistant phone call's because i bought it thru my business it came from lookers of chester i'm down in stevenage so was delivered to me 3 wks ago they say they are still sorting out the paperwork, last excuse i was given is that the bloke who did the paperwork is on holiday yarn yarn bullpoo if ever i heard it , anyway because i was given cheap VAUXHALL mats they said they will be sorted soon ! hopefully ,
    second problem was the centre rear seat belt wasn't working so eventually after v2wk's got that done at local dealer even if it was a death trap to anyone who sat in the back middle seat as it would not work great if its the mother in law and you want to slam on and get rid of her lol ( only joking she's ok )
    and finally last but not least found out the other day i still had my rubber blocks still in my front springs was wondering why it was hard ! now they say that they are gonna give the pdi checker a bit of a shouting at but all i can say is that he obviously aint english or he's blind and im sorry to say i'm less pleased with him he put me my wife and kids lives at danger and im not happy what do you lot think i should do ???? want to write a letter of complaint but dont know where to send it any feedback would be appreciated p.s i took the blocks out myself . thanks to S3 vxr who started the thread about checking your car for these mistakes otherwise i could have been driving round with em in for god knows how long well thats my bit of moaning over i still love this car tho lol
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

I think it boils down to how many VXR's the dealer shells out each year. Some main dealers will sell hundreds and have properly qualified mechanics. Some, like mine, are VXR dealers but onr can never be founf on its small, local village forecourt. I think they are the ones to watch out for. Just speak from the heart, explain what sort of money you paid for the car and sell the point about the rear seat belt and the blocks in the wheels. Scream health and safety all the way.

Comment

how about going in to your dealer and asking them the add for complaints see if that gees them up abit.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

i did 15k miles in my old GSi with the blocks on the front suspension that caused the front tyres to wear irregularly, tried to get someting out of vauxhall..... After 5 phonecalls and not getting anywhere i gave up.
        Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

I think that if you are really serious and upset about this worsy then the only thing you can do is to ring Vauxhall customer services direct and explain the situation and tell them in no uncertain terms that you think that the service and quality of checks on fundamental grounds by an authorised vauxhall dealership was appaling if not downright dangerous and through legal advice you have been given you will give them 2 weeks to come back to you with either some kind of explanation or some kind of compensation for the stress involved.
          If this is not done then you feel you are so incensed that you will put your feelings down in writing to the media publications that adorn our newsagents shelves as they love stories like this and will be a massive embarrasement to Vauxhall.
          I work in the print media sector and these are the kind of stories that fill office desks week in week out and will always make good reading. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! What if you had had an accident? What would the insurance assesors make of the blocks upon inspection?
          This is a true story about my sales rep at work who purchased a new volvo xc90 2.4d estate last year and paid nion £40000 for it. 3 months ago his daughter was getting married in spain and he decided to drive the volvo instead of flying so they packed up and left. When he arrived in spain the car broke down and he was stranded. He rang volvo and asked them to help and (dont quote me on this) but the volvo has some kind of gps button that can track your position? and basically it didnt work. Volvo couldnt help and he went absolutly ballistic. After a long story upon arriving back in England he wrote to volvo and rang customer sevice and basically told them that if they didnt get some one in high places to explain to him why he nearly missed his daughters wedding due to the main selling point of one of their high profile cars he would write to every motoring journal and point out 10 reasons why not to waste your money on a new volvo.
          In 3 months time Roger will be taking delivery of a brand new xc90 new model with uprated spec and has had a letter of apology and an invite to volvo for they feel that this was probably the ONLY car that has let the customer and brand down.
          So you see my point we british are too good at not speaking up and unlike the Germans and yanks let things go.......I would not and feel you shouldnt either.
          HeavenlyDetail
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
            I think that if you are really serious and upset about this worsy then the only thing you can do is to ring Vauxhall customer services direct and explain the situation and tell them in no uncertain terms that you think that the service and quality of checks on fundamental grounds by an authorised vauxhall dealership was appaling if not downright dangerous and through legal advice you have been given you will give them 2 weeks to come back to you with either some kind of explanation or some kind of compensation for the stress involved.
            If this is not done then you feel you are so incensed that you will put your feelings down in writing to the media publications that adorn our newsagents shelves as they love stories like this and will be a massive embarrasement to Vauxhall.
            So you see my point we british are too good at not speaking up and unlike the Germans and yanks let things go.......I would not and feel you shouldnt either.
            Customer Care is now a combined Saab/Vauxhall/Chevrolet effort and the staff seem to be highly trained...... in deflection!
            This woman isnt going to thank me for quoting her name again but having experienced the new customer care process at GM UK the best way to get help is to bypass and write to Kyrstin Jones, National Customer Care manager c/o Griffin House, Luton.
            sigpic

Comment

When i was having problems actually test driving an Astra I didn't waste any time, I just wrote a letter to the UK Sales Director. Just go straight to the top....**** flows downwards in those sorts of organisations!

Comment

thanks all for a very good response the letter will be on the way to head office thanks black for the name and address i owe u a beer :wink:
                sigpic
                M.U.F.C.

Comment

Worsy.

can you send me a pm with you list of probs as i'm compliling a list to forward to Vauxhall and VXR.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                    Worsy.

can you send me a pm with you list of probs as i'm compliling a list to forward to Vauxhall and VXR.
                    ok alex do it soon just writing my own letter of complaint as we speak love the car but the t*****s who are in charge dont give a f**k well they ARE GONNA LISTEN TO ME ....
                    sigpic
                    M.U.F.C.

Comment

Working...
                    X