This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR

I have a mate, well he is a bit of a JERMEY CLARKSON he hates vxr's what shall i say to him

get in, sit down, shut up, then scare him. Teach him a lesson.

Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Thats right sit him in and [email protected] the life out of him

Comment

what does he hate about em ?
        take him for a leisurely cruise then press the sports button see if he hates em then lmao
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I have never actually pressed my sport button what a great time to test it out!

Comment

just make sure when you press it hold it in till T.C lamp comes on

then you will have fun

Comment

not pressed the sports button, the first thing i do when i get in the car is sports on held in for 5 secs t/c off , just in case lol , mind u i find the fuel cons is better with sport on if driven easy, any one found this or is it just me.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Depends on conditions I find. On motorway I tend to leave sport off whilst cruising in 6th and get around 35-40mpg at 70mph. However on A and B roads best with sport on due to the frequent slow down and speed up, it seems to be more efficient as you get to speed quicker and will less throttle usage, but again it could just be me fooling myself. Will need to do a test, and as I frequent the A1 from Edin to Newcastle it's the perfect oppurtunity to check.

Just went from Scotch Corner to Hemel Hemstead on half a tank of juice, must say I was impressed. Albeit was running most of the way at 70mph but did go up to 80 for a wee while, and even a bit faster when I wanted to get a BMer off my tail.

Comment

hi alex A1 Edin to new is that bit of road still full of speed camers seem to remember it for camers for some reason, yes i think this needs a good test to find out.

Comment

Hi Dave,
                    There are indeed a few on either side (around 6-7 on each side), but once you know where they it's not too bad..

Alot of the lights are disabled, but they randomly change which ones are active. Have never seen a camera van along that section, alhough I have seen a few static cars looking for racers. I only go above limit on the open visible sections as there are alot of side roads from which cars can come out and have seen a few near misses by people going way too fast and not looking ahead for possible obstacles, plus have seen a few 'remains'.

Next time I do the run will try to remember to do the test and let you know the outcome. So far since getting the car have done 7,800 Miles and have averaged 30.5 mpg, which has included alot of playing and testing with sport on and off, cruising, and low gear running so overall have to say it is pretty close to the book on cons.

Comment

hi alex the camera vans are the ones i ate the fixed ones are not that much as a prob as u say but the vans r pain and we do have them down hear must say fuel cons is about same.

Comment

Well touch wood I've not been fined yet, few close calls but luckily no fines. Must admit that the last few years I become a bit more sensible and don't tend to go that fast (except the odd occasion when having a play and road is clear). Tend to find myself running the motorway with the BC up so I can see cons., keeps me in check and makes it easier to stick to limits. Maybe I'll buy a bonnet :?

Comment

Mate

Well i tried that and he did not get scared but did take back what he said :P

Comment

And don't worry I haven't forgotten about my fuel eco test, just been flying around recently so haven't spent much time in the VXR .

Especially considering last week I had a pile of **** primera as a hire car last week. At least I got a Vectra CDTI this week, even came with Sat nav . Not quite the same but as least it's like being with a member of close family...

Comment

and whats wrond withthe CDTi its a very good horse

Comment

Working...
                              X