This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDC40 just won't play MP3's

Had my VXR for almost a week now (07 build) and I am having real trouble getting it to play MP3's. Must have at least couple of dozen coasters so far.

I know some people have also got the CDC40 upgrade and they have managed to get it to play them. Could Vauxhall have changed the stereo for the 07 build? I know its unlikely.

I have tried two different CD burners, multiple different CD-R and CD-RW's, different burning software. Even tried putting files in the root folder in a 8.3 format.

Those that have managed to get it to play MP3 CD's, what manufacturers CD's are you using, what software are you using to burn, and are you setting any special options (ISO format, multi-session, finalised etc etc).

Also what types of MP3's can it play - variable bit rate? If not what is max bit rate it likes?

Cheers.

The CDC40 is not designd to play the MP3 format now i know that some might say there does but it might be a CDC30MP3.

Comment

Nope it definitely does (did?). If you search the forum there are members who DEFINITELY have MP3's playing on a CDC40 six CD changer and not the standard CDC30.

Comment

yeh mines a standard stereo and an 07 and it plays mp3's for me too
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

i have a CDC40 but i've never tried any mp3's, just keep flicking through the discs, but will try tommorow.

Comment

There actually was a CD40 that had MP3 capability but as far as I am aware it was not available on any UK models, and where it was available it was only availble for a short time.

BUt if you have the CD40 like mine on a 07 model then you definately do not have MP3 capability, so you can burn all the CD you like it will not play the MP3's.

Comment

was at my local vauxhall dealer friday looking in to getting up grade from my cd30 mp3 he told me none of the others play mp3 so that put me off as ive got loads mps disks and the price.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

cdc70 does

Comment

aussie is that the one that plays dvds as well.

Comment

nope

there is a cdc90 but that is a dvd sat nav but not on UK models

Comment

So are we saying that the bog standard 30 does but the uprated option 40 doesnt? :?
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

ok mate but the cdc 70 plays mp3 cheers just shows you if u need info this is the place .

Comment

thats correct as its a stacker system

Comment

Have to say that is a bit mad, the upgraded CDC40 stacker doesn't do MP3 but the bog standard CD30 does. Not much cop if you ask me. Thank god I went for the Sat Nav system

Comment

Thank god i read this thread
                              HeavenlyDetail
                              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                              X