This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which dealers - Nottinghamshire(ish)

ok so i live near to a few vauxhall dealers, wanting to take it to the dealers i've got the choice of:

Mansfield Pentagon
    Worksop Walkers
    Lincoln Charles Warner

or any other ideas near those???

Which should i go for???

From my experience a lot are rubbish, so could do with advice.

Ta

Daz
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Re: Which dealers - Nottinghamshire(ish)

[quote="Daz5182"]ok so i live near to a few vauxhall dealers, wanting to take it to the dealers i've got the choice of:

Mansfield Pentagon
    Worksop Walkers
    Lincoln Charles Warner

or any other ideas near those???

Which should i go for???

From my experience a lot are rubbish, so could do with advice.

Ta
    depends on what you want done,thorneys are about 1.5 hours away good excuse for a blast

Comment

You could try, PENTAGON DERBY, REG VARDY NOTTINGHAM, REG VARDY CHILLWELL OR SHARPES DAYBROOK NOTTINGHAM.

Comment

Daz. I'll be taking mine to TMS - only an hour's drive. Worth the travel time IMO. Anything urgent I'll use Pentagon, Daybrook, Nottm fka New Crown Sharpes cos family run business (the New Crown bit) and great cust service.

Are you changing the oil and filter after 1000miles? I'll be getting my VXR in the next couple of weeks. I'll do 1000 in roughly 5-6 weeks. Maybe we could drive down to TMS together?

Comment

Well I'm past that stage mate, I'm on 2.5k already. Ha ha, thinking of getting the oil and filter at 10k rather than 20k though, I don't give it a lot of stick so it's not that necessary for me I don't think.

But yeah, I might be up for a drive down.

I've booked it in for Charles Warner next tuesday, woman on the phone seemed very nice, she's waived the charge for the courtesy car too. I'll let you know how i get on.
          Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

I got mine from Warners in Lincoln - it's not due a service yet but they seem spot on (Although I was spending a lot of oney the las time I was in there!!!)
            Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
            Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

that sounds promising, when i spoke to them they seemed really nice, i told them that i was trying them as the other dealer that i had used had been so poor and she told me that they would their best to sort the issues out. We'll see.

Comment

Well, here goes..... Overall i was quite happy, as i went in i was greeted by an old man with white hair who just grunted at me to serve me, he also pointed out that i would have pay for the courtesy car that i was promised free of charge. When i pointed out that he should inform the lady that promised to waiver the charge for the insurance he just said that she wouldn't do that implying that i was a liar. After that i wasn't impressed, the body man came out to look at the wobbly/creaky front bumper and told me that it wasn't his department if it wasn't paint.

So i drove away in the excuse of a courtesy car they had given me, a vauxhall Agila!!!! In "spearmint" as described on the key fob, with matching interiour and seat belts!!!

After venturing into lincoln to wait for the car i suddenly thought "they haven't asked for my contact details", so i wouldn't know when it was done.

I rang at 3.30 after they had had the car 7 hours. They had done most of the jobs and said i could pick it up.

When i picked it up they were a lot better, the guy at the desk was a young chap who was more than nice who explained as best he could what the technician had done.

I pointed out that a couple of jobs had not been done and he got the technician to come out and see what the outstanding problems were. The Technician was a very nice chap who explained everything he had done and looked at the issues that had not, he said that they would be sorted when i went back in.

I signed the job sheet and they advised me that they would be intouch when the parts were in.

And i left without paying my courtesy car charge...

So good service overall i'd say.

Comment

Working...
                X