This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintshield pics . . .

I ventured down to Grantham today to get Paintshield Protective film fitted....

You can hardly tell it's there....
    Will need to settle a bit and then I'll be able to polish it up, can't wait, looking good already.

Also a Porsche in the shop getting done - good enough for them, astons, TVRs etc ... good enough for the Vixer !

More review about the process:
    http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.php?t=80932

Recommended so far !
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

hi there happly man then she looks good , must say its the dogs bits.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I thought there was a Scottish Paintsheild Outlet....called me after an enquiry..
      sigpic

Comment

All their dealers are still on a learning curve...
        .... so was advised to go to Grantham for the full bonnet fitting.

Comment

I take it youve had the full bonnet done?

My only real concern with paintshield (and i want it fitted by the way) is that i am fanatical about detailing.
          My car when it arrives at the dealership will be stripped , clayed , hd cleansed and then either zymol concours or destiny and im really worried about the difference in bonnet to rest of car due to the high white carnauba content...
          Keep me posted or pm me from time to time...
          HeavenlyDetail
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Hi Marc,

Yep full bonnet, full front bumper, front wing ends, wing mirrors, 'V' and boot load lip.

Well, as you probably know the original vauxhall paint is a bit orange peel-ish anyway....
            You can certainly see a difference in the texture of the film/paint ... film still has to settle/cure so it may calm down.

I've not got a brinkman, but shall try and get some pics under a halogen worklight to show you.

Once settled, you can polish it just like paintwork....I'd advise that you get a full wing though, as thats the most noticable point on the car.
            You're only gonna notice it's on if you look closely..which most people dont

Comment

Originally posted by M40COO
              All their dealers are still on a learning curve...
              .... so was advised to go to Grantham for the full bonnet fitting.
              Ahh I see...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                I take it youve had the full bonnet done?

My only real concern with paintshield (and i want it fitted by the way) is that i am fanatical about detailing.
                My car when it arrives at the dealership will be stripped , clayed , hd cleansed and then either zymol concours or destiny and im really worried about the difference in bonnet to rest of car due to the high white carnauba content...
                Keep me posted or pm me from time to time...
                well i've had the paintshield on since march and tbh i don't see a difference - i only have half the bonnet aswell (and all the bumper etc tho) x
                its not a problem as long as you take care of your paintwork
                only problem i've got is it's come away a bit in a couple of inconspicuous places but thats it x

Comment

How much did it cost to have done? Have seen some paintchips appearing, unsurprisingly and have thought about the paintshield but concerned about price and like marc how it affects the detailing.

Only got into detailing since I got the VXR and have purchased all the things need to clean, clay, HD Cleanse and wax(Carbon, couldn't afford to go higher just yet) - just haven't had time yet

Once I do will do some pics....

Comment

£650 plus vat......
                    About the cost of 1 1/2 resprays

I'll get pics up after I've washed it....next monday ... long wait !

Comment

Alex have spoke to zymol Europe and sampler kits available at xmas which has half pots of titanium , concours and destiny.
                      Titanium=£70 concours=£168 and destiny=£468 a pot so for £125 a set thats a massive saving and a good way to treat car cheaply.
                      They also have hd cleanse and bathe and microwipe inc....
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Interesting, will need to check it out. Haven't got round to putting my carbon onto the car yet as I need to give it a good clean, Clay and HD Cleanse before

Sure I'll find time soon, only problem I have not is the weather in Edinburgh as this is the time of year where it just rains and rains and rains (not to mention fricking freezing )

Comment

Hi Guys I have just picked up on this

We fit the full fronts to all kinds of cars supercars etc and I defy anyone but the owner to know its there (even then) micro inspection will pick it up It is your car after all we did Lous car today full bonnet etc (carbon and I have Pics but dont want to steal her thunder)

Also I cant figure out how to upload directly from my hard drive on here (dont use photbucket etc).

However I am sure Lou will be along to report soon

Cheers

Tom[/img]

Comment

well come on loubie loo get some pics on
                            sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Hey Tom

Big Thanks for getting the car done today (and pls again thank Joe for me cos he did a fantastic job)
                              We didn't get a chance to get pictures today on account by the time we got back after going via kettering to show off the car to some mates, it was a little too dark outside
                              but shall get some sorted, however if you can work out how to upload your pictures, please feel free too
                              and i don't think anyones going to be able to see it's on there however occasionally there will be a cheeky begger that'll say they can anyway lol x

Comment

Working...
                              X