X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo cutting out

Hi Guys

I had my VXR delivered on Friday and am really happy with it, however yesterday i was pulling onto the mototrway and got the revs over 5500, when all of a sudden the engine management light came on and the turbo didn't work anymore, I had to pull over, turn the engine off and on again and then it was fine. The today i was going round a B road and again had the revs up at 5500 and the same happened, so i pulled over turn the car off and then again and it was fine. I thought i'd see if it happened again, and as soon as the car went over 5500 the engine management light came on and the turbo completely cut out.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem, and i guess it needs a trip back to Vauxhall.

Anyone got any ideas?

not had that my self but get her back in to vaux thay will sort it.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Never had it myself either, only thing I've seen was the TC light come on once when I was accidentilly over rev on cobbles in the wet. As Dave says to it to VX to be checked.

Comment

Had theese symptoms on mines mate they diagnosid it to a duff coil pack orderd 1 up replaced it and all was well :wink:

Comment

mine whent in yesterday with a blown turbo

Comment

Guys, could this be down to perhaps not allowing timmy the turbo to go through his warm up's and warm downs properly?

Comment

Originally posted by PAUL
              mine whent in yesterday with a blown turbo
              Jesus Paul thats not good, what miles have you done?

Comment

7500 miles but i only just got it back from haveing the oil seals done on the turbo must of been a faulty turbo.the car only gets used to take my boy to school and a few shows .

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
                  Guys, could this be down to perhaps not allowing timmy the turbo to go through his warm up's and warm downs properly?
                  should be ok from start off,get it back to the dealer asap

Comment

Re: Turbo cutting out

Originally posted by Jamie
                    Hi Guys

I had my VXR delivered on Friday
                    A brand new one? How many miles you done? Thrashing it already or at least trying too?

We all have different opinions on this but surely you wouldnt be doing this unless you have a good few miles on her?

Comment

Brand new on Friday, it has just gone over 1100 miles, i took it easy until 700 miles and then have gradually built it up, this isnt the first new performance car i have owned and this is how i broke all of them in, with no problems. This wasn't caused by thrashing the engine, the engine was well warmed up by the time i put my foot down a bit, and this wasn't redlining either.

I have read on Astra SRi.com that there is a problem with the spark plugs and coils on some VXR's that need to be replaced. A few people have had this exact problem.

Back to Vauxhall it goes.

Comment

Phew, thought for a minute there you had a brand new car with 0 miles and was doing this from day one.

Hope you get it sorted quickly so you can continue to get the miles on and suffer extreme cheek ache cos of the smile you cant help but ware

Comment

Indeed the Spark Plugs on some VXR's need to be changed. The dealers should be able to check whether the Vehicle is one of those requiring the change in a couple of minutes - should be able to check over the phone if they are decent enough, if you have the VIN(I think).

I believe the problem with the plugs caused the car to have flat spots and could potentially lead to further problems if not sorted. Got mine checked just as a precaution but luckily was not one that needed the switch

Comment

Working...
                          X