X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon to be a new owner!

Hi all
    Just had the date I get my grubby little mitts on a Astra VXR. 5th December is the anticipated date, though the dealer I'm buying from is hoping to improve on that. Only time will tell!

Gone for Black, with 19" alloys, keyless entry and start and full leather interior.

Currently I drive a 1.4 5-door Civic as I have to commute a fair way. Thankfully, I'll be halving my mileage (though probably not my fuel bill!) by the time the VXR is ready for collection!

For the weekends, I have a Toyota Supra TT (also black) which is my baby. Still stock, but hoping to have a few choice changes made to it next year

I live in Wilts, so I'm hoping to meet up with some of you as there does seem to be a large contingent around Bristol way!
    Cheers
    Harps

Hello Harps and welcome,

Have you just ordered in the past ffew days, or a while back? I'm still waiting for mine too! Supra was always my dream car, shame they are getting on now.

Im sure you'll find plenty of helpful information floating aroud the forums

Rob

Comment

I ordered on the 18th September, so they are dragging their heals a little. I'm not really surprised though and he did ask when giving me the date whether I wanted it by a specific date. I said 10th November - unlikely I know, but if you don't ask you don't get!

The Supra is getting on a little now, but for a performance car they have bullit proof engines. If you can find one thats been looked after major problems are rare. Plus they still look good (IMO of course )

Comment

HI
        I AM ALSO I NEW OWNER HOWEVER NOT RX AS OF YET. BEEN ONLY A FEW WKS NOW AND CANT WAIT TILL I GET IT PROBABLY AROUND CHRIMBO(WOT A PRESSIE).
        GONE FOR THE RED 19" ALLOYS KEYS LESS ENTRY AND SAT NAT.
        THE GARAGE THAT I BOUGHT IT FROM NEVER HAD AN ASTRA VXR IN TO TEST DRIVE SO I TOOK THE SRI 170 OUT FOR A SPIN AND FELT THE POWER BENEATH MY FEET STRAIGHT AWAY.
        I WAS GOING TO GO FOR THE FOCUS ST BUT CHANGED MY MIND AT THE LAST MINUTE ANY CHANCE OF A FEW REVIEWS FROM OWNERS TO LET ME NOW A HAVENT JUST WASTED 20Gs FOR A PIECE OF MIND.
        CHEERS
        STIG

Comment

Hi mate,

Yeah, give it a month or 2, you'll be itchy as hell! Iv got 2 weeks wait left, then it's vxr time for me. You'll love the extra 60bhp diff between your test drive and the vxr!

For some comparisons http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=362

Enjoy the wait, and take a good look round here, you'll find some good tips/info

Rob

Comment

Welcome Stig ( not the Top gear One )
            Your test drive was a complete waste of time in all honesty, The VXR does not compare in any way to the SRi 170 that you drove, the power difference is huge, I am sure you will be totaly overwhelmed by the power. The Focus ST is easily beaten by a VXR performance wise as you will find out, even ST owners admit it, they do'nt like to but its reality. You have made the right choice and its worth the wait. TOP CHOICE ON WHEELS AND COLOUR

Comment

I agree with S3, the difference between the 200BHP 5 door SRi turbo version and the VXR is about the same as between say a BMW 318 and a 330. And as for the 170 BHP version, why on earth did you bother? There is less power in that than a 206 GTi?

On another note, did you know that the "quoted" 0 - 60 figures between the Astra 2.0 200BHP Turbo SRi and a Corsa 1.8 state that the corsa is quicker to 60? Happened to browse through some magazine stats over the weekend and could not quite believe my eyes. Must be a **** up. I think it was What Car or Which Car or something.

The astra turbo is quotes around 8.4 seconds and the corsa is quoted around 8.1 seconds, Barmy world isn't it.

Comment

mate when you turn that key for first time you will be blown away, just watch the roads that time of year as if you think the 170 as power you realy dont no what your in for as for st you left it in the right place but it will not be the last one you will leave ho no.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

CHEER GUYS
                  FOR THE FEEDBACK CANT WAIT NOW BUT GONNA HAVE TO I
                  SUPPOSE.;-_

Comment

hi all

got mine 3 days ago

Was quite lucky actually
                    only a week wait for it too come down from the north some where ! was pre registered on the 23 sep 06 and arrived with 109 miles on the clock and all for £18100

Blue , immaculate and fast as **** ! lol loving it

Comment

Excellent, welcome to the site and may you have many motoring miles with smiles

Comment

indeed but boy she drinks like a fish when ya give her a boost

Comment

Half the fun though

Comment

Hi and welcome

now thats out of the way time to play.

if you've been looking around the site some of us like to havw a laugh and wind ppl up about stuff

TOYota thats all it is now mate might as well give it to the kids to play with cause you ent getting out of the VXR.

Comment

Working...
                            X