This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelift Astra in Autoexpress

As the title says there are pictures of the facelift astra in Auto express this week.

They are pictures of the standard car not the VXR.

So, what will be the knock on effect of the VXR cos I will be cancelling my order if it facelifts.

Comment

Theres no face lift

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/sp..._facelift.html

Just minor cosmetic tweaks inside and different suspension. Pah I say -

Comment

no need to cancel after all then.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Independent Supsension is quite a change. That's always been the strong point with the Focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
            Independent Supsension is quite a change. That's always been the strong point with the Focus.
            Doubt whether the suspension on the VXR variant would change though.

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
              Possible, but I very much doubt Vauxhall would do an independant suspension for all but the VXR.

From past history of model changes, 'IF' Auto Express are correct and Vauxhall are upgrading the rear suspension and binning the beam axle, it would be an upgrade across the range, including the VXR.

If the IRS is a better system, which we know is better, why would Vauxhall leave the VXR with an older design, simple they won't.
              Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
              Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Originally posted by MattS
                Possible, but I very much doubt Vauxhall would do an independant suspension for all but the VXR.

From past history of model changes, 'IF' Auto Express are correct and Vauxhall are upgrading the rear suspension and binning the beam axle, it would be an upgrade across the range, including the VXR.

If the IRS is a better system, which we know is better, why would Vauxhall leave the VXR with an older design, simple they won't.
                Why not the suspension on the VXR is totaly independent to the rest of the range now !!!

Comment

Why not the suspension on the VXR is totaly independent to the rest of the range now !!!
                  The suspension settings may be different on the VXR, as is the SRi, Design and so on, but the actual design of the suspension, being Macpherson Struts at the front and a Torsion Beam at the rear is the same on every Astra.

By upgrading the cars floorpan to run an independant rear suspension is a fundemental re-design. This is why I doubt Vauxhall would opt to keep one model with a rear beam.

This is of course if Auto Express are correct!!
                  Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Which they are not as the picture is years old and the story complete testicles.

Comment

Which they are not as the picture is years old and the story complete testicles.
                      It quite possibly is rubbish, as most Auto Express Articles are, but the subject we discussed here is not rubbish.

You were stating that the Astra VXR suspension was totally independent than other Astra's, :wink: If Vauxhall did do a major chassis upgrade, or any other upgrade to the structure of the car, all models would benefit.

The Astra VXR, although a fantastic car without a doubt is still basically the same under the skin as a Sportshatch 1.4 16v SXi and always will be.
                      Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

It quite possibly is rubbish, as most Auto Express Articles are, but the subject we discussed here is not rubbish.

You were stating that the Astra VXR suspension was totally independent than other Astra's, :wink: If Vauxhall did do a major chassis upgrade, or any other upgrade to the structure of the car, all models would benefit.

The Astra VXR, although a fantastic car without a doubt is still basically the same under the skin as a Sportshatch 1.4 16v SXi and always will be.
                        Would you like to tell me what Gavin Kershaw did to the suspension on the VXR to make it so different to the rest of the range ?

Comment

It is all down to setup, roll bars, spring and damper settings, bushes and so on.

So the VXR set up is different to other Astra models, but I don't think you understand what is being said here.

Although the Astra VXR has it's own suspension 'set up', it still has the same suspension design as every other Astra, they all have Macpherson Struts at the front and Torsion beam at the back.

Apologies if I have mis understood you, but I get the impression you are stating the Astra VXR has a totally different design suspension than the other Astra models. It is only the set up that is different, the actual design is the same throughout the range.
                          Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Apologies if I have mis understood you, but I get the impression you are stating the Astra VXR has a totally different design suspension than the other Astra models. It is only the set up that is different, the actual design is the same throughout the range.
                            Err, see below

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=262

Originally posted by Dougie
                            Technically apart from the pick up points for the suspension being the same everything else is different.
                            | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff
                              Err, see below

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=262

Originally posted by Dougie
                              Technically apart from the pick up points for the suspension being the same everything else is different.
                              mmmm isnt that what they call 'standing corrected' lol
                              The VXR pivots round the gear stick, as opposed to a point much further forward for the rest of the range, reminded of that mid roundabout on way back from Silverstone Sunday for some reason :wink:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X