This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind noise????

Anyone had any? Or Had any rectified? I have it from the passenger side, it's starting to get on my nerves.

Ta

Daz
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

I recall someone else mentioning this. I think it could be something simple like the door seals or just the illusion sound of a new car.

Comment

it's not an illusion, must be the seals then, i'll add it to the list for the dealers.
      Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
        it's not an illusion, must be the seals then, i'll add it to the list for the dealers.
        Both my first one and current one do this on passenger door, even more noticable if the heater fans are blowing fast! Because both mine did and the demo car did it i just though it was a VXR thing! Put windows right up then just tap the down button and it shuts up. :wink:

I'll be watching this to see how you get on with your dealer.

Comment

Daz are you getting suspicious that you have bought a ringer...lol

Comment

I know LOL, nah it's a minter it's just that i'm too fussy i think. Want it perfect. No doubt they won't do anything anyway, every dealer i have ever been to are useless, unless it comes up on the computer and it's a part swap they can't do anything about it.

Comment

What sort of speeds are you doing when you get these excessive wind noises. Mine seems to vibrate rather than a whistling sound but only after a ton plus.

Comment

mine kicks in at about 50-60mph

Comment

mine kicks in at about 50-60mph
                  Did you try the shut window then tap down once?

Both my cars shut up when doing this, its like it goes past the seal or somin so that tiny little bit back seals it again

Comment

Mine rattles dont get any wind noise!

Comment

It was my car that had this originally. and yes its the window seal that was the problem and only by a few mm! but it was cured when the seal was replaced.
                      STEALTH

Comment

I've noticed that occassionally I get wind noise from the Driver's door when travelling at speed and there is a gusty wind also. Doesn't happen all the time, but have thought about taking it to dealer as it only ever comes from the driver side. Next time it happens will try the window button trick and see if it works, have always been checking that window is closed as it does sound like the window is open.

Comment

i get a load of wind noise from me rear end the wife dont like it though lmao
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

i had trouble with wind noise,took it back to the dealer and they replaced the door seal.took car out later the same day to find it was still doing it.an angry phone call to dealer and another trip back to them to find out that they had fitted seal upside down,problem sorted and happy bunny again.

Comment

yeah i'll have a word with them about this, i have tried the window down trick and that didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X