This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19" Tyre Prices

Now some of you will be coming to the point of needing to replace the elastic bands that are an excuse for a tyre on those 19s, a bit of price comparison please, and for all you soon to be new owners this is how much the rubber costs.
    I recently Paid £500 for four Continental Sport Contact 3s thats £125 per corner inclusive of all fitting and balances. From National Tyres.
    I have half used rears at 12000 miles and bald fronts and have done a fair amount of track work, allways drive with TC on public highway.

That's a pretty good price (only comparing them to the fronts on the M as they are similar size) where did you get them from?

Comment

Re: 19" Tyre Prices

Originally posted by S3 VXR
      Now some of you will be coming to the point of needing to replace the elastic bands that are an excuse for a tyre on those 19s, a bit of price comparison please, and for all you soon to be new owners this is how much the rubber costs.
      I recently Paid £500 for four Continental Sport Contact 3s thats £125 per corner inclusive of all fitting and balances.
      I have half used rears at 12000 miles and bald fronts and have done a fair amount of track work, allways drive with TC on public highway.
      not a bad price got quoted 280 for 2 front conti 2 on 18,s

Comment

Depends whether your willing to pay for conti's (Mine's 19's) or cheap tyres!!!

I will always buy quality as you can't put a price on tyres for me but if you want a cheap new 19" tyre they start from around £109 upwards!!

Conti's were £150

Andy

Comment

I've always gone for a soft compound, might look into some more toyo proxies, although they are very soft. For my 18's on my current old astra they were £150 a corner with black circle

Comment

The local vauxhall dealers are a £1 cheaper than other places £136 fitted/balanced for a Conti 2 18"
            Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Re: 19" Tyre Prices

Originally posted by S3 VXR
              I have half used rears at 12000 miles and bald fronts .....

Worth swapping axles sets regularly then....to get even wear
              tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
              The truth is out there ...

Comment

Are those the extra load conti by any chance?

The vectra's (235/35R19) require the extra load tyres due to the weight...I think the cheapest I've seen is £155 each so far.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by In a state
                  Are those the extra load conti by any chance?

The vectra's (235/35R19) require the extra load tyres due to the weight...I think the cheapest I've seen is £155 each so far.
                  You wouldnt want to be driving with anything other than Extra load on the 19s.

Comment

Is that a yes then?

If so looks like National are getting the call!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by In a state
                      Is that a yes then?

If so looks like National are getting the call!
                      Its a yes, the SC3s were on offer at £150 and discounted to buy four, good luck !!!

Comment

What's the difference between Conti 2's and 3's? Are the 3's better?

So far have done nearly 8K with original Conti 2's, tyres still look to have lots of tread in them but I always drive with TC on, haven't tried without and haven't done any track days.

Comment

A couple of ways t overify Extra load is having the 91Y load or XL marked on the side wall, also reinforced.

Comment

I was quoted £675 for 4 19" conti's for the Vectra, I don't really like them but as they give me excellent mileage I'll stick with them'

So I am buying Sparky's off his Vectra when he changes them, don't normally like 2nd hand tyres but as Sparky's have done only 3000 miles, and I know how he treats them I don't have any worries. Also he knows how to drive so no abuse on them.
                            Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
                            Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Had to fork out £186.75 for a single 18" Conti 2 at Kwik Fit on Saturday, had a screw through it and unfortunately had been like that for some time so the inner tyre wall was damaged. Stung a little but need the car on the road so didn't have time to go anywhere else... :?

Comment

Working...
                              X