This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which turbo kit should I get for z20leh

Looking at getting a new turbo kit for my mk4 astra with a forged z20leh, I have a gt28761r .86 at the moment but the manifold is cracked

I want to move up in power and am looking at getting either 3071 or 3076 but not sure which kit to go for, once I have chosen the turbo I then need to decide on manifold kit, its out of a full nortech manfiold kit or the courtney cast kit Courtenay Sport Garrett Upgrades 2.0 Turbo

my car is an astra van and I use it daily and am looking at around 450bhp + really not sure what to go for can you guys help

in the next few weeks once I have the kit am going to omex if that makes a difference

also which spec 3071 or 3076 should I go for as I want it to spool as quick as possible but still produce as much power as possible, engine has klassen cams and klassen inlet

give courtney or another tuner a phone call and see what they could offer and suggest
    Remus turbo back , TX enlarged tophat, CDTI pipework, Pipecross XL Foam/Cone Filter, FMIC, Forge recirc valve, Forge actuator, Regal 3 bar map sensor, HRC fuel pump, Courts coolstat , GM Breather box, custom oil catch can, FK coil overs, Whteline RARB Gloss Black Corsa VXR Alloys, De badged and de-wiper at rear. HID headlights/LED sides. Custom carbon wrapping.

Comment

I phoned courtney and I got no where to be honest the guy I spoke to didnt really sound like he new what he was on about and wasnt really very helpfull to be honest, its alot of money to spend so I want to do it right

Comment

I'd speak to Nortech and RS tuning.

Both these companies are involved in alot of big turbo conversions with the VXR scene at the minute

Comment

why not send the turbo to owen developments or the like to have a billet compressor wheel fitted to your current turbo effectively giving you a GTX2867r which will have plenty of responce but should produce the figures of a 3071

Comment

Nortech gtx30 kit if I had an Astra!
            sigpic

Astra Vxr GENUINE AFLs for sale...
            http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ooler-for-sale

Comment

[QUOTE=duffvxr;2482994]why not send the turbo to owen developments or the like to have a billet compressor wheel fitted to your current turbo effectively giving you a GTX2867r which will have plenty of responce but should produce the figures of a 3071[/QUOTe

its a good ideal mate but my manifold is cracked and the downpipe is not the best to be honest so may as well go new and sell what I have

Comment

Originally posted by Cleon View Post
                I phoned courtney and I got no where to be honest the guy I spoke to didnt really sound like he new what he was on about and wasnt really very helpfull to be honest, its alot of money to spend so I want to do it right
                i think you must of misunderstood what he was telling you then because there isnt many places as good as courts for messing with vauxhalls

Comment

GTX3071r .63 housing. Nortech tubular manifold. 870cc injectors, that'll make 450bhp with your cams ect.. And will be on full boost at about 3800-4000rpm

Comment

Originally posted by britishbeef View Post
                    i think you must of misunderstood what he was telling you then because there isnt many places as good as courts for messing with vauxhalls
                    I phoned Courtenay a while ago. They couldn't help me either. They'd only sell me the cast manifold, which looks horrible. And didn't sell any GTX turbo's.

Comment

Borg Warner

ASTRA MK4
                      build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...46#post2094646

Comment

well who ever I spoke to didnt help me at all just said they are good, I asked about the difference between the tubular setup and cast Ie pros and cons and I got, what do you mean there is no difference in performance between the two? cast is better end of

am not putting courts down pal, I have been told its John I need to speak to, but everytime I phone he is either busy or not in hence why I am asking on here for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR.Dan View Post
                          GTX3071r .63 housing. Nortech tubular manifold. 870cc injectors, that'll make 450bhp with your cams ect.. And will be on full boost at about 3800-4000rpm
                          Would you go with a v band setup or standard 4 bolt flange on both inlet and outlet

Comment

Originally posted by Cleon View Post
                            Would you go with a v band setup or standard 4 bolt flange on both inlet and outlet
                            V band. It's the way forward

Comment

My nortech mani. So much nicer than the courts cast crap. Courtenay have made the cast mani saying it will never crack like a tubular. Find me a nortech mani that's cracked on a vxr?

Comment

Working...
                              X