This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VXR.Dan View Post

My nortech mani. So much nicer than the courts cast crap. Courtenay have made the cast mani saying it will never crack like a tubular. Find me a nortech mani that's cracked on a vxr?
    thats easy I know of a few that have gone back to get fixed or replaced on Z20LEH engine's

I like the cast setup for a road car my self less hear put into the engine bay ect ect
    the truth is out there
    part GSI part VXR
    tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

taking the fact that you use your van as your daily driver into consideration i would lean more towards cast due to reliability and also the fact that they deal with heat a lot better, both being plus's for a daily driver in my opinion. Tubulars are certainly more susceptible to cracking due to heat and vibration so i would ask yourself this, IF you go tubular and it cracks can you afford to potentially have the van offroad until it is sorted?

on a side note if your going omex just check it can deal with drive by wire (e-throttle) or you may find yourelf having to change to a cable throttle
      Last edited by duffvxr; 23 June 2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duffvxr View Post
        taking the fact that you use your van as your daily driver into consideration i would lean more towards cast due to reliability and also the fact that they deal with heat a lot better, both being plus's for a daily driver in my opinion. Tubulars are certainly more susceptible to cracking due to heat and vibration so i would ask yourself this, IF you go tubular and it cracks can you afford to potentially have the van offroad until it is sorted?

on a side note if your going omex just check it can deal with drive by wire (e-throttle) or you may find yourelf having to change to a cable throttle

Its such a had decission, for omex I have bought, new throttle pedal from an early astra x20xev cable and throttle body also coil pack with leads so should be ok.

does anyone know the price of a gtx3071

Comment

the cast kit will run 600bhp as proved by klassen,it will not crack as easy,it will give less engine bay heat and is alot tighter to the block so clearance for rad/fans is better..granted it looks boring up against a nortech but theres now a good solid quality cast option on the market if thats what you want.

Comment

Are you getting a cast mani Shane?

Comment

Sorry to hi jack the thread but where can you buy GTX turbos and do nortech have a website?

Edit: Found it http://www.nortechperformance.com/ and http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/
              Last edited by vxrtray; 23 June 2012, 06:24 PM.
              Arden Astra VXR
              GCAP Stage 4

Comment

Originally posted by VXR.Dan View Post
                Are you getting a cast mani Shane?
                in time yes dan with ceramic coating..

Comment

Nortech mani. There kit is top quality. plus the heat under the bay isn't as bad you'd think.
                  Daily Mk7 Golf R - Nortech Corsa Track Car !

Comment

Originally posted by slim-shany View Post
                    in time yes dan with ceramic coating..
                    Ughhhhhh shane. Noooo

Comment

Originally posted by slim-shany View Post
                      the cast kit will run 600bhp as proved by klassen,it will not crack as easy,it will give less engine bay heat and is alot tighter to the block so clearance for rad/fans is better..granted it looks boring up against a nortech but theres now a good solid quality cast option on the market if thats what you want.
                      700 unoficially I had a long chat with Stephan and decided to sell my nortech mani and went for the cast, my car is also going to see allot of road, tho 90% track focused the cast mani suited my needs better and no risk of cracking. That said ive never heard of a Nortech manifold cracking when braced correctly!

I think its safe to say theres pros and cons for both, just what suits your needs better, i wouldnt say theres a better out of the two....
                      Tech 2, Cruise Control, Anti Hijack, Check Control, Board Computer And Divorce & Marry New Radios & Screens In & Around SouthWest London/Heathrow Airport. Pm For Info

Comment

Working...
                      X