This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Light cluster Misting up!

Just noticed that my drivers side rear light cluster keeps misting up? I have just washed my vxr and noticed it again, the last time being after a rainy night!

Does this happen to anyone else?

Andy

Re: Rear Light cluster Misting up!

Originally posted by AndyVXRwigan
    Just noticed that my drivers side rear light cluster keeps misting up? I have just washed my vxr and noticed it again, the last time being after a rainy night!

Does this happen to anyone else?

Andy
    yer mate quite a common problem with the astra happens on mine and plenty of other people's car's.should clear after about 30 mins if it does not go back to vaux and get them changed under warrenty.

Comment

mine too justb get the wifes hair dryer on it lol
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

yeah both mine do the same.

Don't worry about it, it's only when you wash it or it's been outside.

Might be cheeky though and get vuaxhall to change them anyway, add it to the list.......
        Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

mine do as well, not after washing, but usually after a cold misty night.

Comment

took mine into vauxhall and thay swaped them for new ones and havent had the problem since.

Comment

The way to cure the problem with misting up of rear lights and front fog lights is to remove the rubber sealin cover and warm the light up with a hairdryer and have lights switched on, warm up until all condensation is cleared and leave open for about 5 mins continueing to warm them up, while lights are warm refit sealing covers. Usually fixes the problem permenantly

Comment

Condensation in rear lights

Just had my drivers side rear light cluster replaced by VX this morning.

Comment

Taking mine in for new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182

You mean you can get yours in the house?

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182

Might be cheeky though and get vuaxhall to change them anyway, add it to the list.......
                      so thats all the time then?
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

nah not in the house PD, sometimes it goes in the garage......
                        Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Be interested to know what Stu Harris's take is on this problem?

Surely with my car being 10 months old, I cant just walk into the local dealership and ask for them to be replaced due to condensation (which is something I have suffered with on past cars as well as now on the VXR?)

And if I can - does this then stretch as far as the AFL headlamp lenses which no matter how well I clean - never look completely clean cos of some marks which are on the inside of the lense and not accessible?

Stu?

Comment

I would say you should as they are not doing the job intended and misting up is obviously not one of them?
                            HeavenlyDetail
                            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

This problem is years old and has been going on since the beginning of the H, very few have successfully been able to get the units changed and those that have have found the new units do the same. I think this problem is just one little thing that we are all going to have to live with. I have heard that if you keep a small sachet of silica gel tucked inside the unit it can help !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X