X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox of Astra VXR

Hello Everyone

Got my new Astra VXR (black!!)

I'm still doing my first 1000km, but I've noticed that the gear box seems a little slow, especially from 3rd to 4th.
    If I try to rush it, the car does not like it...

Has anyone ever got the same feeling I got?

I was used to drive a Honda Civic VTI (8000rpm), and the gear box was much faster.
    Do you think it's the turbo / bigger engine?
    Or some kind of problem?

Best Regards

welcome pt got mine a month ago and mines fine oh and black too take it back if you feel it aint right , make sure you look for the checklist if you got your car new cos its helpful found a few mistakes missed on mine dont know where it is but if you pm s3 he will point ya in the right direction ...
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
      welcome pt got mine a month ago and mines fine oh and black too take it back if you feel it aint right , make sure you look for the checklist if you got your car new cos its helpful found a few mistakes missed on mine dont know where it is but if you pm s3 he will point ya in the right direction ...

Hello, thanks for the reply

I think I should go to the dealer, just to check things up. I might be something that may damage the car in the long run - just worried about it...

I got no check list - just the service manual

Comment

Originally posted by ptopc
        Originally posted by worsy

Hello, thanks for the reply

I think I should go to the dealer, just to check things up. I might be something that may damage the car in the long run - just worried about it...

I got no check list - just the service manual
        no its not a check list you get from them its a topic started on here about the things to look out for on here will try to find it for you ok .
        sigpic
        M.U.F.C.

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...asc&highlight=
          hope this works if not its on page 2 of this forum titled *( ABOUT TO COLLECT YOUR VXR FROM A DEALER ) ok
          sigpic
          M.U.F.C.

Comment

there's nothing wrong with the gearbox, it's just different to the Honda, the honda you could instantly change, as fast as your hand can take it, the vauxhall needs more patience, the engine makes up for it though. It's a different ball game to the Honda, it just takes a bit to adjust.
            Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
              there's nothing wrong with the gearbox, it's just different to the Honda, the honda you could instantly change, as fast as your hand can take it, the vauxhall needs more patience, the engine makes up for it though. It's a different ball game to the Honda, it just takes a bit to adjust.

YES - the engine is absolutly funtastic :P
              And I'm still under the 4000rpm and less than 1000km....

When you say that, you must mean that I sould let the revs lower a bit before I change from 3rd to 4th?
              I was not sure if it was ok - I don't know anyone driving a simmilar car...

Thanks Daz5182 and Worsy

Comment

it will get better with more milage dont forget every thing is new and needs time to bed in.

Comment

hi we have six new shape honda civ at work oil burners have to say dont see that much differance now if you want slow 2.5 vectra b, i would just run in to vaux for check or is their another near bi you could try as a comp even a demo.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                    hi we have six new shape honda civ at work oil burners have to say dont see that much differance now if you want slow 2.5 vectra b, i would just run in to vaux for check or is their another ib the area tou could try as a comp even a demo.
                    Thanks !

the gearbox is becoming better now.
                    Just passed 1000km.
                    Still flying low untill 1000 miles

Anyway, having problems with the door seal (wind noise...). i think i will stop at the dealer. I'll ask them just to check the gearbox.

Comment

Working...
                    X