Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best thing to do first??? EXHAUST? REMAP? OR????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best thing to do first??? EXHAUST? REMAP? OR????

it sounds like theres alot to consider when modifying these flying machines. Can someone tell me the first thing you should do to one when considering performance modification??

For example: Do i get the exhaust first or the remap or is there something else aswell???

i got the exhaust and map done at the same time stage 2 cost £1650 but you get the full thrust at same time, it all depends on what you can afford,speek to one of the tuners thay all offer the same sort of thing and we all would recomend the one we used.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

A remap will give the biggest improvement for you money. The exhaust will offer a smaller increase in power and it the biggest cost if you go for the full Milltek of course.

I only have a stage 1 remap and the difference is incredible!!

Comment

Obviosuly the Remap is one of the cheapest mods for that extra BHP but ultimatly it depends on how far you want to go with tuning, because ideally you should leave the remap until the end otherwise you will have to keep getting the map changed, its best to sit down and think carefully of what you want as a final figure and then find out how to get there and the cost! for example say you want 300bhp you would be looking at full performance exhaust with a sports cat, FMIC (front mounted intercooler) and then the remap and you would be looking at about £3k for that kinda gains its only a rough figure off the top of my head and dont quote me on anything as its just an example!, I hope this helps! :wink:
        sigpic

Comment

3k well spent i say could be on my shopping list for xmas
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

removed

Comment

cheers already got his number in me phone .
              sigpic
              M.U.F.C.

Comment

It all depends on what you want to finally acheive.

If your going for a high state of tune, the best option would be to do all your mechanical modifications first and leave the mapping till last.

The main reason for this is that a few of the VXR tuners in the UK actually offer custom re-mapping which take into account the other modifications, where as some tuners offer generic mapping which is basically a one map suits all, which is still good but would not exploit the other modifications.

I have had my A3 mapped, but I have had just a generic map installed as I have no plans to change anything else.

My Zafira had a custom map written for it which was done whilston the rolling road, this gave the absolute best for my particular car and its modifications.
                Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
                Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

i agree with Matt best to fit all the other parts first then go for the map

On the Zaf i did this and found that every part i changed was better rather spending out in one hit and saying blimy thats good but was it worth all the money as your not sure what bit was better than another if you see what i mean.

How i did it.
                  1. Air filter + air box mods.
                  2. Pre cat.
                  3. Cat back.
                  4. FMIC (front mounted inter cooler)
                  5. CS 2 Remap (custom)
                  6. Miltek sports cat.

Comment

hi alex think you will find that you can only have stage 2 map after full exhaust as too much heat build up. stage 1 map on sd exhaust ,with the VXR.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                      hi alex think you will find that you can only have stage 2 map after full exhaust as too much heat build up. stage 1 map on sd exhaust ,with the VXR.
                      is that not what i said.

On the Zlet i founf about another 7-8 bhp with the Sports cat. but i was fine on the std one.

as for the VXR i would have the full exhaust then go for a map but if you want to go to stage 3 then fit all parts first then go for the map as you'll only pay for it once.

Comment

hell yeh stage 3 it is then why bother going back another 2 times he he
                        sigpic
                        M.U.F.C.

Comment

just for the drive home.

Comment

intercooler

Hi alex when you fitted the new intercooler did you adjust the map? ig boost. and what gains did you get ?

What bhp and torque are tou running now ?

Thanks Mark

Comment

Re: intercooler

Originally posted by regaltang
                              Hi alex when you fitted the new intercooler did you adjust the map? ig boost. and what gains did you get ?

What bhp and torque are tou running now ?

Thanks Mark
                              Ok this was all on the ZLET in the Zafira that has been replacesd by the VXR.

The cooler was fitted the day before the map but i did notice better running as it was getting a colder charge. i recon about upto 10bhp.

the boost was adjusted with the map and then again when the VXR turbo was fitted as that made more boost.

Hope this helps.

pm sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X