This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuffing Germans!!!!

Been a few days since i've been on here. Last post was saying about my baby going into the Opel garage . And belive me, i'm not impressed. I'll try and take you through it step by step

Thurs 12 Oct: Take car into Opel garage to get AFL looked at as the beam direction change (So can drive the car in Germany without blinding the foreign folk) wasn't working.

Friday 13 Oct: Went back to Opel garage to check on the car, see how they were getting on with it. Told me that there was a black box under the stearing column with a load of computer chips in that controls all the electronical things in the car (Lights, stearing etc) :? . They are testing the chip that controls the lights but nothing is happening. They have tried updating the software that controls all the fancy gubbins :? inside but to no avail. They have to order a part from the UK. Come back on Tuesday to see what is happening

Tuesday 17 Oct: Went back to Opel garage as told. Was informed by a worker that the part they ordered was some stickers that go onto the lights that direct the beam in the oppisate direction. Was well peed off with this as I knew this wouldn't work . I thought they were gonna order a new chip or something. But instead ordered these stupid sticker things.

Wed 18 Oct: Got a phone call from the Opel garage saying they were gonna put German headlights into the car so can drive it still. Refused the offer as I didn't want German headlights, I WANT MY AFL FIXED. (Why didn't they offer me this 4 MONTHS ago. Thats right, 4 bloody months this has been going on. Sorry, but havn't got the time to tell you every detail. Maybe if I met some of you one day. Right, back to the story, coz it just gets better.) Told me that my car would be ready to pick up at 1100hrs the next day as they have to put something back into the car that they took out. Well I won't be available until at least 1630 due to work.

Thurs 19 Oct: Went down to Opel garage at Approx 1700hrs. When setting off told the wife to bring the spare key ( :wink: Just incase). Got down there and told them I was here to pick up my car. Upon looking in the key press where the keys are held, they turned to me and said that they couldn't find my key (Rage started rising). After a "calm" word with one of the workers while the other was looking for my key, I was gonna tell them that I've got the spare key, i'll take the car and will return tomorrow when they will produce my other key, if not they will pay for a new one. However, the person looking for my key returned and asked me to follow her as she has 2 black Astras sitting in the garage. After following her into the rear of the garage I found my car with the key on top. After asking her if the car was ready to take, she asked one of the mechanics (In German) and he replied "NO" (Or Nein). He explained to her the following "When they were putting the car back together, including the black box under the steering, the car started asking for a security code. Without this the car will not be ready." Fortunately I had the car pass (Small bit of card that came with the car with all the codes, chassis number etc on) with me. He took a copy of the pass and told me he will pass it onto a workmate to fix the problem. When I asked him when it will be ready he shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know". I told him that the car WILL be ready for 1400hrs tomorrow without fail. He said OK.

Friday 20 Oct: Right, this is where is just gets brilliant. Went to the desk and told them that I was here to collect my car as promised. Upon saying this the person told me that "There was a MISTAKE with the ABS." The ABS. The car went in with a fault with the AFL not the ABS. Have they got there letters mixed up or something. Well, apparently not. One of her fellow workmates came out and told me that the ABS light AND TCS (Traction Control) lamp were on on the dash. Belive me, FURIOUS isn't the word that describes me at the moment.

Like I said, all interesting stuff. And being in the army serving in Germany, being on the phone to the dealer who I got it through there is another load of issues to deal with. For example, I don't want these box heads touching my car no more. I want my dealer to come over and collect it. However, the guy who deals with this ain't available until Tuesday 24 Oct. So Opel has got until then to get the car sorted or they will find a world of pain landing in there laps in a very short time without warning.

So, this past week hasn't been too good for me. How has it been for every one else? Hope you are all enjoying yourselves in your beasts. Can't wait to get mine back. Let me know how it feels. I'm having withdrawal symptons already.

All i can say is if you are in the armed forces then i salute you sir because you do a fantastic job and get little recognition... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Its a shame about your car but even more of a shame that a tiny island called England in such a massive round world called Earth our armed forces represent the whole bloody lot of them when disaster , terrorism or war starts.....

Where are the French , belgiums , swiss , Germans in afghanistan or Iraq , sitting behind their scared little arses while our country represented by people like you do the lot....

OOH THATS BETTER.....
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I too can only salute those willing to work in the name of the armed forces. Not going to get political, but you guys have to follow orders regardless of what the public thinks, and your own personal feelings. At end of day I respect your loyalty to country and governing body (even if they can be a**es, especially when it results in people such as yourself being put in REAL danger).

Anyhow, I really emphasise with your automotive issues, and can only hope that you stay the course and the car gets fixed, and soon.

To help your need for a fix, I pushed the car the other day on a completely empty stretch of road (around 2 mile visibility(I know very unusual in UK)) and got the speedo up to 150mph, so probably around 140mph, but boy did that feel exhilirating. One off for me but was worth it as I've not been that mad since getting car. Will hold off until a track day I think to try that again

Best wishes and hope it all works out...

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you mate. I have switched my AFL horizontally using the manual but the left still kicks up. Apparently all you need to do is flick a switch inside the light housing unit which flattens the beam, I havn't managed it yet. If you find a fix please share the knowledge.

stevovxr

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
          All i can say is if you are in the armed forces then i salute you sir because you do a fantastic job and get little recognition... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Its a shame about your car but even more of a shame that a tiny island called England in such a massive round world called Earth our armed forces represent the whole bloody lot of them when disaster , terrorism or war starts.....

Where are the French , belgiums , swiss , Germans in afghanistan or Iraq , sitting behind their scared little arses while our country represented by people like you do the lot....

OOH THATS BETTER.....
          Preach it, brother!! VXRracer-frag 'em!

Comment

you should borrow a tank and pay them a visit. Bet car would be straight in the car park if you pointed the big gun at the reception desk
            sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
            Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Silly me thinking it was just UK dealers that are cr4p
              sigpic
              More than 34,900 viewings and counting
              Click Here to.................
              See My Wheels
              See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdilly View Post
                Silly me thinking it was just UK dealers that are cr4p
                And I thought we cornered the market in suck-tastic dealerships.

Comment

you numptys thats a thread from 2006
                  sigpic
                  stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                  M.U.F.C.
                  http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

pmsl

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I hope the dealer has sorted it seeing as they have had a year!!!!!!
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

You would hope so

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

bet they aint
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Damn nazis.

Comment

What an intelligent response !

Comment

Working...
                              X