This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REMAP???

Right, i'm not a total car boff or anything so I don't care if I sound stupid while asking this.....

What is Remapping and is it any any good?

If you get it done is the increase any good and does the fuel consumption change?

And most importantly... How much does it cost???

Shouldn't really be asking as my car is in the garage still

here you go mate

http://vxronline.co.uk/messageboard/...er=asc&start=0

Comment

Re: REMAP???

What is Remapping and is it any any good?

Remapping is basically reprogramming the Engine computer that controls the spark and fueling. Generally, manufacturers will put in a very conservative program to give good economy and longetivty to the engine. However, the engines are capable of much more so the remap adjusts these parameters to give better power performance.

If you get it done is the increase any good and does the fuel consumption change?
      You will definately notice the difference, even on a stage 1 tune. As for the fuel consumption, you'll be surprised actually, sometimes you will actually get better consumption figures because you get better combustion. However, that is usually negated by the additional "Fun Factor"

And most importantly... How much does it cost???
      Thorney Motorsport (aka TMS; aka Thorney) are doing a special deal at the moment.. There's a thread around here somewhere, just have a look.

Bear in mind though, you should declare a remap to your insurers and this may result in a premium adjustment so you will need to take that into consideration as well.

Shouldn't really be asking as my car is in the garage still
      In the garage? Broken? Not Delivered?

Hope that helps

Bo55

Comment

Working...
      X