Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW!!! TRACTION CONTROL, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW!!! TRACTION CONTROL, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

I can't believe i have been driving around for 3 months with ESP switched off, i read something on the forum about holding the sport button in, and so i tried it this morning on the way back from Manchester. WOW! the difference is amazing, i was so used to trying to fight with the car when accelerating hard but now i can actually relax and scare myself.

Thanks guys whoever it was that mentioned it.

Re: WOW!!! TRACTION CONTROL, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Originally posted by NELLYC
    I can't believe i have been driving around for 3 months with ESP switched off, i read something on the forum about holding the sport button in, and so i tried it this morning on the way back from Manchester. WOW! the difference is amazing, i was so used to trying to fight with the car when accelerating hard but now i can actually relax and scare myself.

Thanks guys whoever it was that mentioned it.
    Does that not mean that for 3 months you have had TC on then you turned it off? Sorry but a but confused.

Comment

if you hold the sports button in for fivr sec it turns traction control off there should be a car light on dash and esp off in the milage box, this is all off mode no traction control

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
        if you hold the sports button in for fivr sec it turns traction control off there should be a car light on dash and esp off in the milage box, this is all off mode no traction control
        Yes i held the sports button for 5 secs and the light came on the dash with the little car on skid marks, then i switched sports mode off, and in the mileage box it said ESP ON, and i could tell the difference straight away as the handling wasn't as light. I don't know what ESP stands for but i just presumed this was traction control as i had heard it mentioned.

So basically my ESP or TP whatever it is?????? had never been on from buying the car!!!!

Comment

Electronic stability program and traction control is always on and can only be switched off (note: it is not totally disabled though and will kick in if the ecu believes all is lost and your about to crash ) when disabled the "skid mark" symbol on the dash lights up until you activate ESP and the light will go out,

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
            Electronic stability program and traction control is always on and can only be switched off (note: it is not totally disabled though and will kick in if the ecu believes all is lost and your about to crash ) when disabled the "skid mark" symbol on the dash lights up until you activate ESP and the light will go out,
            So what have i done then????? :?

Comment

Turned if off. If the light is on the dashboard you have turned off the ESP. If the light is not on the ESP/Traction Control is on!

Comment

Originally posted by M3power
                Turned if off. If the light is on the dashboard you have turned off the ESP. If the light is not on the ESP/Traction Control is on!
                Yes but the light did go out when i switched the sports button off, and then it said ESP ON were the mileage reading is but the light didn't come back on???

Comment

Now im confused. As everyone else has said. The ESP is automatically on whn switch the engine on (No lights on the dashboard) if you then press the sport button for a few seconds the light will come on on the dashboard (ESP OFF) when you press it again you are simply reversing it and turning the ESP back on again, so it sounds like your not actually doing anything!

Comment

Now im confused. As everyone else has said. The ESP is automatically on whn switch the engine on (No lights on the dashboard) if you then press the sport button for a few seconds the light will come on on the dashboard (ESP OFF) when you press it again you are simply reversing it and turning the ESP back on again, so it sounds like your not actually doing anything!
                    OK it must be me!!! sorry for bein thick, i just couldn't get my head round to the fact that the sports button has to be on in order for the ESP to be OFF. But what i still don't understand is why would you want the sports button on and the ESP OFF, or am i right in thinking that it doesn't actually go into sports mode!!!

Comment

It does make perfect sense honestly!!

Comment

It does make perfect sense honestly!!
                        So when would you actually want to put the car in sports mode with ESP OFF?? what are the benifits or differences???

Comment

Sharepened throttle repsonse but virtually no traction control. Makes it better for track driving primarily. Just don't do it in the wet unless you are a great driver!!

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
                            So when would you actually want to put the car in sports mode with ESP OFF?? what are the benifits or differences???
                            I sometimes turn it off when the roads are dry and when I'm in the mood for caning the car. I think the main benefit is no torque limiting.

Comment

Sharepened throttle repsonse but virtually no traction control. Makes it better for track driving primarily. Just don't do it in the wet unless you are a great driver!!
                              Nice one!! i was goin to say i will try it tomorrow, but looking at the weather up here i better not chance it just yet till i've done it dry!!

Comment

Working...
                              X