This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Magnex Exhaust and Sports Cat Fitted

Just had the full Magnex exhaust system fitted along with a sports cat, it was fitted by Weston Performance at Solihull and then put on their Rolling Road. The figures are excellent from a standard car with no other modifications and standard air filter etc.
    Car seems much more willing to pull now, flat spot I had around the 3800rpm area has now gone, fuel economy also seems better as I've averaged 30mpg in the last 200 miles since it was fitted, before was around the 26mpg mark.

RR Graph after fitting Full Magnex System and Sports Cat.
    Figures Standard
    237 Bhp
    236 lb/ft 320 Nm
    Figures after exhaust fitted
    259 Bhp
    299 lb/ft 405 Nm

Me and Robbie were foot to the floor on a dual carriage way on the way to the hotel after the VXR PC open day and there was nothing in it. I was pretty happy with that as I have a stage 1 but then I realised Robbie didn't have a stage 2 only the exhaust!! That provided some banter at the pub that evening and not in my favour!

I was pretty impressed although I hate to think how quick Robbie's car will be once he gets the remap!!!

Comment

Re-map and front mounted intercooler coming soon Ian, as soon as the FMIC is available anyway

Comment

Hi robbie

how much was the cat ?

Dose the system pop and bang like the milltek system ?

How dose it compair to the milltek system?

Thanks Mark

Comment

Originally posted by regaltang
          Hi robbie

how much was the cat ?

Thanks Mark
          I bought the cat 2nd hand mate, it was supplied to a friend and came from Courtney's, it was only on his car for 2500 miles.

You do still get a pop or two now and again when accelerating hard and changing gear.

I've only been in one car with a Milltek system, engineering wise they are both well made systems, I chose the magnex as I ultimately want 340-350 Bhp from my car and in my opinion the Magnex offers the best option to help achieve this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbieben
            Originally posted by regaltang
            Hi robbie

how much was the cat ?

Thanks Mark
            I bought the cat 2nd hand mate, it was supplied to a friend and came from Courtney's, it was only on his car for 2500 miles.

You do still get a pop or two now and again when accelerating hard and changing gear.

I've only been in one car with a Milltek system, engineering wise they are both well made systems, I chose the magnex as I ultimately want 340-350 Bhp from my car and in my opinion the Magnex offers the best option to help achieve this.
            Are you sure , i thought to achieve that kind of figure you would have to have racing cams etc?

Maybe thorney can pip in?
            What bhp would you get with just full milltek compared to magnex or am i opening a can of worms?

Test drove a full milltek demonstrator last week and felt phenominal but without driving that then standard would be hard to tell!
            HeavenlyDetail
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I think Robbie maybe planning to get it down to us for a custom remap on it and some dyno testing before. The numbers do look a little high but I've no reason to doubt them. Be interesting to see the bore, as a larger bore does give more peak power (we were getting another 9bhp with a 3" system) but it dropped torque in the midrange by such an amount that it meant it was a worse drive. Looking at the charts it does appear to drop midrange a lot so maybe this is what Magnex have done?

Exhaust design is a pretty simple affair after all.

Comment

Any indecation on cost for the 3" miltek?

Comment

Working...
                X