This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belly pan

Hi guys winter is almost upon us and im off to the vpc on thursday to have a belly pan fitted.
    My parents have an audi and a bmw m3 of which both have them fitted and they keep the engine really clean, thought it would be a good idea as soon the gritters will be out.
    Anyone else considerd this or is it me being to fussy?

what are they? And how much do they cost?
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

A cover for thr underside of your car to protect it. Like a lid but upside down obviously. No idea about cost but being a clever PD I am going to guess:

£150 for the belly pan, £60 fitting? Total £210?

Comment

Re: belly pan

Originally posted by JONBOY
        Hi guys winter is almost upon us and im off to the vpc on thursday to have a belly pan fitted.
        My parents have an audi and a bmw m3 of which both have them fitted and they keep the engine really clean, thought it would be a good idea as soon the gritters will be out.
        Anyone else considerd this or is it me being to fussy?
        will there be any heat issues with having this fitted as the vxr is fussy about heat

Comment

i would say if its been fitted by VPC then it should be ok how much are thay then.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

i drove mine throughout last winter and a few trips from London to Wales with lots of ice and grit and found my engine bay remained quiet clean and was easy to maintain

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
              i drove mine throughout last winter and a few trips from London to Wales with lots of ice and grit and found my engine bay remained quiet clean and was easy to maintain
              Yeah but with the amount of baby oil you use I'd doubt nothing would stick!! :wink:

Comment

lol

Comment

keeps the hoses supple

Comment

il bet it will

Comment

The cost is £200 fitted, vpc had'nt done one before i just thought of it so they ordered one in and tested it.
                      Everything is fine involving cooling issues, aerodynamics etc.
                      Also went to vauxhall today with my xenons which are far to low just cant see anything on dipped and they said its fine on their beam tester.
                      Anyone else had or solved this problem?

Comment

is it std on other astras then.

Comment

I fitted one to my Zafira gsi, it used on what they call a bad road package. Basically a sump guard that fits neatly on the subframe, the mounting holes are already there. The guard is ribbed to keep the air smooth and has cooling holes to extract air from the engine bay. Had no problems so far and its been on 2 years. The guard is listed for the Astra G and H as the same part number, cost £30 plus the bolts and rivet nuts.The only problem was fitting the rivet nuts without the special tool but that can be overcome with a bit of inginuity.

Comment

i got one on my tractor.

was a right pain in the *** when i need to change the fog light bulbs

Comment

lets not speak about fog lights

Comment

Working...
                              X