• Show
Clear All

• worsy
    replied
    ditto dave and on a bike ??? its over with in seconds at that speed

Leave a comment:

• vxrdave
    replied
    thats too fast for my liking things just happen too quick and i find other road uses on the hole are not that good at juging speed so can pull out on u, even on mways.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by AlliRR
    "Can't helping thinking how close that Scottish guy in his Arden Blue VXR came to disaster"

dont think ive heard this story - what happened?

Fastest speed ive done is around 180mph on a friends GSXR1000, it felt fine, stable, calm... but i would travel at those speeds all the time, im more interested in acceloration than top end.
    You would travel at those speeds all the time eh? PD Might have a word to say about that....

Leave a comment:

• AlliRR
    replied
    "Can't helping thinking how close that Scottish guy in his Arden Blue VXR came to disaster"

dont think ive heard this story - what happened?

Fastest speed ive done is around 180mph on a friends GSXR1000, it felt fine, stable, calm... but i would travel at those speeds all the time, im more interested in acceloration than top end.

Leave a comment:

• vxrdave
    replied
    no what you mean but you cant go through life thinking like that as we carnt see what is to come, so just live life to the full.

Leave a comment:

• M40COO
    replied
    Over sensitive ? yes & no....

Although speed is generally illegal in this country, it is desirable, so dont feel guilty

Just make sure that when your pushing it in the vxr that it's safe to do so..
    If in doubt - try a trackday.

(and make sure you have insurance ! )

Leave a comment:

• S3 VXR
    replied
    Re: There but for the grace of god go I

Originally posted by MoveOver
    Just read some of the latest news about Richard Hammond. Identify a lot as a father myself with the pain he must of felt when he saw his two daughters crying when they left his bed side :?

Can't say I have ever done 300 mph, but sometimes I feel uncomfortable considering a Thorney Motorsport Stage 3.

Am I overly sensitive? Should I feel guilty :?

Above all. I'm glad to see him making what appears to be such a good recovery

Can't helping thinking how close that Scottish guy in his Arden Blue VXR came to disaster. Hope he got his replacement
    I know exactly how you feel.

Leave a comment:

• MoveOver
    started a topic There but for the grace of god go I

There but for the grace of god go I

Just read some of the latest news about Richard Hammond. Identify a lot as a father myself with the pain he must of felt when he saw his two daughters crying when they left his bed side :?

Can't say I have ever done 300 mph, but sometimes I feel uncomfortable considering a Thorney Motorsport Stage 3.

Am I overly sensitive? Should I feel guilty :?

Above all. I'm glad to see him making what appears to be such a good recovery

Can't helping thinking how close that Scottish guy in his Arden Blue VXR came to disaster. Hope he got his replacement
Working...
X