This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front bumper probs

just wondered if any has had the same problem as i`m having at the mo . i noticed front bumper on front offside (where it meets wing on wheel arch ) had come away by about 3mm, took it to dealers on friday 20th , they said it need a new clip which they ordered, took it back to them today (teusday 24th) and they havn`t fitted it right so now they want it back on friday 27th for the day to try and fit it properly, do i have to put up with trips back and forth till they sort it or is there anyone i can complain to besides the dealer i got it from . hope there is as its doing my head in

I hear you mate. Mine is going back to the bodyshop this time on the 6th of Nov, cause the garage cant get it right after repeated attempts. I have also been informed that my spark plugs have to be changed! but i am well dubious about them doing it as they have never got anything right first time so far.......
    STEALTH

Comment

i think super glue would of sorted my bumper out better than the`ve tried

Comment

how about a list of vauxhall dealers that people r happly with, then we could try to get one hear to were we live

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

surely there must be a limit on how many times they can attempt to fix any problems . i bet if i had a bump and the insurance was paying for repairs that they would get it right 1st time

Comment

Daz ive just recently noticed the same thing on my front bumper, i havent really had a good look at it yet though

Comment

Mine has been into the garage today for a few issues, one of which was the front bumper that was loose on the passenger side and a noise that comes from the drivers side. They have tightened the passenger side and that is fine now. The drivers side still rattles but he says he's gonna sort that next time i take it in for some other bits.
              Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

mines booked in for the day on friday , just hope they sort it out then , i`ll let you all know how i got on, if anyone is wondering what to look for , basicly the front bumper isn`t flush with the wing , i only noticed it last week when cleaning (again) , they tried to tell me that they sorted it when i took it in ealier but as it was parked next to another astra i had to tell them to look again at their astra then look at mine , then tell me if it`s ok, their reply was : oh i see what u mean ,

Comment

oh right, mine is flush to the wing but i think it is too flush on the drivers side, it's that tight it creaks when i'm driving..... Oh dear.
                  Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

3 times the garage has tried to fix it, now they are admitting defeat and thats why its going to the body shop. Cants see why its so hard to do as its only the clips that need replaced??? :?
                    STEALTH

Comment

Front Bumper

Yeah had the Bumper done . It sprung on Nearside.Hintons Bath fixed it perfectly. [but told all had to come off and loads of work by bodyshop] Plugs done too.

Trouble is the firm suspension and rough roads is causing it to slip out again. It was only a 2 hour job. But its a design fault. I thought it was just Vaux that had this fittig but other manufactures use it too.

Mine dtill feels very loose. :wink:
                      Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

i heard a few people mention about plugs need replacing, can someone tell me what the problem is with plugs as confidence with my vauxhall dealer is on a slipery slope ,

Comment

Originally posted by daz
                          i heard a few people mention about plugs need replacing, can someone tell me what the problem is with plugs as confidence with my vauxhall dealer is on a slipery slope ,
                          The problem with the plugs is a number of the earlier vxr's have been fitted with the wrong ones for the car, (I have been told their vectra plugs)!!! i don't know the exact science, but if you call your dealer and ask them to check on the computer database for recalls, they will be able to tell you if yours need changing. If you have been having problems with the engine cutting out when starting then you probably do.

Mine was registered Jan 06 and its goin in on friday for them changing!!

Comment

Ok the problem with the plugs is the air gap is too big and under hard load/boost the spark is bing blown out so an uprated plug is fitted free under warrenty.

it has a smaller gap and has a slightly higher resistance (so i'm lead to belive) thus giving a better spark and less trouble some.

your dealer will have had a TIS service up date for the plugs.

Comment

thanks for the info , i`ll ask them at garage tomorow when it goes back in .

Comment

Working...
                              X