This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell Vpower best fuel?

Hi guys what do you think the best fuel to use is in the astra vxr?
    Ive got a vpc remap done and use shells V power at the mo which is 99 ron.

Serously, Tesco 99, it actually produced 20 BHP more than V Power on an M3 CSL. And it is cheaper but still with all the RON. VXR enthusiasts will find this link from Thorney very interesting, they test an Astra VXR and an M3 CSL.

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/g...%3D0%26toc%3D1

If you really want to have fun then visit one of 8 BP stations in the UK that offer BP 102, a 102 RON petrol designed for track days.

http://www.bp.com/genericsection.do?...tentId=7017179

Comment

if you look pd thay did not test v power 99 thay tested optimax 97.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I posted the link to an older version of the same test, thats why it says "we are testing a vxr and will post results shortly". I cant find the more recent one but it rates Tesco 99 way above V power

Comment

my local tesco doesnt have the good stuff, got v-power in mine just now

Comment

We have been doing some testing on our Astra VXR also on some mapped Astra G's. The general result is that Tesco99 and V power is giving similar results, both ahead as a rule over BP ultimate. but at the moment V power is proving more consistent.
            sigpic
            29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

ive driven with many tanks of tesco99 and have now just ran 3 tanks of v-power and in all honesty they feel identical in my VXR, no change in economy, neither create any flat spots and power delivery feels basically the same throughout each gear range, i like them both but the benifit for me though is T99 is cheaper, closer servo and 5 p off per litre when spending £50 or more on shopping

Comment

Yeah had a look at the site it looks interesting but ive always been weary of supermarket fuels. This 102 ron bp fuel sounds good though, i didnt know it existed, should be good for the astra vxr as turbos live on octane.
                Do you know where these bp garages are or can find out where they are?

Comment

think its a lot more exspensive jon ! i use both and i cant tell the difference to tell u the truth and like aus says cheaper so u can thrash it more and wont cost you as much happy days lol
                  sigpic
                  stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                  M.U.F.C.
                  http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by JONBOY
                    This 102 ron bp fuel sounds good though, i didnt know it existed, should be good for the astra vxr as turbos live on octane.
                    Do you know where these bp garages are or can find out where they are?
                    mate this stuff is about £2.30 p/ltr and at present about 6 servos around the country are currently selling it

Comment

now thats exspensive ! stick with the tescos :?
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Yeah just been to the BP garage in Portsmouth and its £2.49 per litre that works out about £124 per fill up
                        Think i will stick to the Vpower.
                        Has anyone noticed a vast difference between tesco 99 and Vpower?
                        Just wondered as apparently the tesco 99 has something in it also to give it more poke. Cant remember what it's called now.

Comment

I get the impression T99 is cheaper, slightly more efficient and slightly more effective in increased performance. What it doe snot have that the V Power does is the cleaning additives and engine lubricant e.t.c.

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                            think its a lot more exspensive jon ! i use both and i cant tell the difference to tell u the truth and like aus says cheaper so u can thrash it more and wont cost you as much happy days lol
                            Agreed,I think on the road you would be hard pushed to tell the difference, as the numbers on the dyno are only small.
                            sigpic
                            29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

agree about price the tesco 99 is cheeper and i see no difference between the two not 20 bhp any way.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
                              X