Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stage 3 ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    We're taking bookings for Decempber now. THe testing has been nothing short of amazing in that whilst I'm been a strong believer that heat is the make or break aspect for this the car the addition of a decent FMIC literally transforms the drive.

    On our own test car, running a stage 3 level of tune but with standard intercooler the power delivery could get a bit lumpy when it got hot or on track (whichis surprising as the airflow on track should negate some of the heat build up) but just by adding the TMS/Pace FMIC the drive smoothed out significantly so it matched the smoothness of the stage 2 but with the greater power. Dyno testing has shown about an 8bhp gain over the stage 2 but torque is improved throughout the range and the IC's are dramatically down by some 25% at their worst point.

    The main reason for all these gains is not down to the size of the IC, the stock one is actually pretty big, but down to the route the air has to go. On the OEM set up the airflow has to go through a tortuous route round the engine bay and as a result is both slowed and heated at the same time. We spent a lot of time flow analysing different cores (Pace are unique in that they manufacture their own cores rather than buy them in from a 3rd party), By angling the intake and exit pipes on the FMIC we've increased both the volume and speed of the airflow significantly and that alone I think is responsible for the gains. By comparison the FMIC on the Astra G (we also use the Pace one for this model, although it s not exclusvie to us as the VXR one is) makes a great difference but I've never seen a car drive differently just though the addition of an FMIC in isolation as I have seen with the VXR.

    Price wise we're looking at £700 plus fitting, any remap upgrade is free, So at a guess I'd say about £900 fully fitted with a new custom map and dyno work would cover it all.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by gemmell
      blimey jon (A11 VXL) it's been a while since you last posted how are you ? have been really busy with work lately but will try and pop in to see you soon. glad to hear the stage 3 is nearly ready as i'm just about got the hang of stage 2
      Hi yes sorry for the absence from the site however, we have had a massively busy summer, fortunately after allot of searching employed another mechanic ( Vauxhall trained and a complete modifying car nut) which has taken allot of the load off me. On top of this we decided it would be a good time to move - Larger premises, bigger shop / showroom and a separate dyno cell - attached to the side of the workshop not in it. Maybe my hearing will recover now
      Should be in November the 11/12 builders willing!!!
      sigpic
      29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by worsy
        cant be far from 300bhp with a stage 3 come on tuners give us the low down lets see what im gonna get for my hard earned cash
        The stage 3 is showing about 8-10 bhp increase and a significant increase in torque, response is much better as the pipe work is hugely improved both in length path and bore size. 300 bhp will only ever be achieved on a very happy- generous dyno as the turbo is now the limiting factor.
        I don’t wont to start the whole "I’ve got a bigger dyno than you debate”, but weather you achieve 230,250, 270 or what ever figure... at the wheels or at the flywheel, and there as many pros & cons for either measurement, depending who you speak too, which I wont go into now.. The important aspect for all of us is: what the car started with at the wheels or flywheel and what it left with i.e. it started at 200 and left with 240 you have gained 40 bhp regardless of the head line figure.
        sigpic
        29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by A11VXL
          Originally posted by gemmell
          blimey jon (A11 VXL) it's been a while since you last posted how are you ? have been really busy with work lately but will try and pop in to see you soon. glad to hear the stage 3 is nearly ready as i'm just about got the hang of stage 2
          Hi yes sorry for the absence from the site however, we have had a massively busy summer, fortunately after allot of searching employed another mechanic ( Vauxhall trained and a complete modifying car nut) which has taken allot of the load off me. On top of this we decided it would be a good time to move - Larger premises, bigger shop / showroom and a separate dyno cell - attached to the side of the workshop not in it. Maybe my hearing will recover now
          Should be in November the 11/12 builders willing!!!
          you sound busy it's very important in any business to make sure you have good staff who know what they are doing ! the new premises sound ideal, it will be easier to hear what you are saying now if you need a hand that weekend give me a call.

          Comment


          • #20
            Regal do a stage 3 upgrade to 340bhp.

            http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/Sho...ls.asp?id=5392

            Comment


            • #21
              Jom is currently running a claimed 340bhp through regal tuning and going by his mods to get to that power level its much more than a remap and exhaust for 1800 quid there is quite a few engine moifications that have taken place and once hitting over that 300bhp figure i would also be looking at uprating your gear box and clutch as for sure the brakes!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Aussie
                Jom is currently running a claimed 340bhp through regal tuning and going by his mods to get to that power level its much more than a remap and exhaust for 1800 quid there is quite a few engine moifications that have taken place and once hitting over that 300bhp figure i would also be looking at uprating your gear box and clutch as for sure the brakes!
                Agreed uprated brakes are a must when getting into the big numbers, I think Jom has the alcon set up.
                sigpic
                29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Thorney
                  Price wise we're looking at £700 plus fitting, any remap upgrade is free, So at a guess I'd say about £900 fully fitted with a new custom map and dyno work would cover it all.
                  Does price this include the charge cooler too, which I understand is part of the stage 3?

                  As I have a full milltek I could either get a simple remap to get to stage 2 but stage 3 is tempting too.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    No, we've moved the charge cooler into a stage level as the FMIC works so well its not needed unless you're looking to change the turbo (which is part of stage 5).

                    The charge cooler and FMIC work in unison (they are in line) as we've developed on the VX220 Turbo.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Thorney
                      No, we've moved the charge cooler into a stage level as the FMIC works so well its not needed unless you're looking to change the turbo (which is part of stage 5).

                      The charge cooler and FMIC work in unison (they are in line) as we've developed on the VX220 Turbo.
                      Cool, makes sense to me now.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by A11VXL
                        Originally posted by gemmell
                        blimey jon (A11 VXL) it's been a while since you last posted how are you ? have been really busy with work lately but will try and pop in to see you soon. glad to hear the stage 3 is nearly ready as i'm just about got the hang of stage 2
                        Hi yes sorry for the absence from the site however, we have had a massively busy summer, fortunately after allot of searching employed another mechanic ( Vauxhall trained and a complete modifying car nut) which has taken allot of the load off me. On top of this we decided it would be a good time to move - Larger premises, bigger shop / showroom and a separate dyno cell - attached to the side of the workshop not in it. Maybe my hearing will recover now
                        Should be in November the 11/12 builders willing!!!




                        Good to see thats its all coming together. The old premises has served you well and the new will just add to your already confident and happy customer base and is very proffessional looking. From seeing the bare shell, to a couple of weeks later, what a superb transformation. Guys, your attention to detail has been excellent ( the same as your attention to tuning) and the shop will look superb further enhancing your customers confidence that they have chossen one of the premier Vauxhall tuners to work on their car whether it be a 1.2 Agila to a top of the range VXR.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          [quote="Sparky"]
                          The old premises has severed you well quote]

                          someones tired

                          and Jon i hope you get yourself back together again soon

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            OOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSSS. Changed and got it in one

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              thanks tuners for an excellent response food for thought
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                you have got me thinking now the wife will go mad im sure

                                www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X