This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Fog Lights

After recieving my beauty last week i decided to make sure all the lights work but only one rear fog light comes on. i took out the rear left cluster and it did had a bulb in but just wouldn't turn on? Tried swapping pulbes and tested in another socket and the bulb does work.

Does anyone else have this prob / know how to rectify. I though it may have been a fuse but scrapped that idea.

only one fog light is required on the rear of a car, dependent on if its a LH or RHD car will be the side that will work, normal on all the H range

Comment

most cars these days only have one rear fog light working.

Ok if you stay in England but if you go to Europe then the fog light is on the wrong side.

plus i think it looks better if both are working.

P206 had i right with one light rule and put it in the middle of the rear bumper fit for all contrys

Comment

ive also got 2 bulbs only R/H one works 06 mod

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I have the 2007 model. just seems a little pointless to have both bulbs in but only have one work.

I used to have a new tigra and the left cluster had no room for a bulb it was just moulded over.

I agree with alex_c that it does look better both work and it looks a little lop sided. also i'm not sure if anyone else does this but on dark country lanes i like to use the rear fog lights for a bit more illumimation behind me.

Does anyone know how to get the 2nd bulb working. had a look myself last night but could not work it out. will have to look at the looms going to each cluster to see if there is a wire missing.

Comment

be carefull cambus, may need tech2 to bring it to life

Comment

Does not seem like it would be a software\ecu issue as lights are controlled via switches\relays. i will try and get techII on it tonight and have a go

Comment

Originally posted by MadJon
                i'm not sure if anyone else does this but on dark country lanes i like to use the rear fog lights for a bit more illumimation behind me.
                Or just stop reversing up country lanes Jon

Comment

the wires to the L/H side as five wires as the R/H side as six as the lights are the same each side then it would seem that the wire missing is for the fog light but why put bulb in

Comment

Less cable keep the weight down....Take the bulb out as well!!

Comment

Comment

It is the same on the Vec C , You can simply run a wire from the right to the left and they will both come on, no canbus worries there ...

Comment

ok im going to try it tomorrow will let u no .

Comment

Hey up mate.

I had the same problem with my Astra when I got her. Thing is though, I work in Germany and require the wrong side fog lamp to be working. Took it to local vauxhall garage and they said that there wasn't anything they could do. I would have to fit an after market one. One of them that goes underneath. Shove that I told them

Went to another garage, one that deals with Vxl, Mazda etc. They had a look at it, took it in. Came out an hour later saying they had fitted a wire from one side to other. Got both working now.

Having problems with the AFL though. You got them or normal ones?

Comment

yep your wright guys works looks much better now even on both sides y didnt it come like that from start

Comment

Working...
                              X