Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belly Pan Fitted but xenons still dangerous!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belly Pan Fitted but xenons still dangerous!!

Hi guys been to the VPC and the belly pan is fitted so all the salt, dirt this winter will hopefully stay out a bit better now.
    It only took about 20 mins to fit and while i was there they tryed to sort out my xenons on their computer.
    Unfortunatley they could'nt do it, Vauxhall have a major problem here across the board.
    The xenons on dipped go half the distance than just standard (yellow) halagen bulbs it's a accidant waiting to happen.
    When i went to the Vxl dealer they said they tested them on their beam tester and the lamps are spot on.

cool mate how much was the belly pan, as my engine bay is dirty now from a day driving on county lane's

Comment

Yeah cost £200 mate fitted, worth the money i think plus helps the air flow underneath. When you thinking of going up?

Comment

Re: Belly Pan Fitted but xenons still dangerous!!

Originally posted by JONBOY
        The xenons on dipped go half the distance than just standard (yellow) halagen bulbs it's a accidant waiting to happen.
        When i went to the Vxl dealer they said they tested them on their beam tester and the lamps are spot on.
        Hmmm....a few of us have thought that too.

Comment

not sure yet, defo would like to get it done soon, notice u live in hampshire not to fare from me, have to meet up?

Comment

Think i have said this before,Just get the dealer to adjust them to half a degree down and they will be loads better.
            I did mine and i dont get flashed by other drivers and i can see where i am going now!

Comment

Yeah mate i live at Petersfield where are you roughly.
              Tried at vauxhall but they say that the lights are spot on and they cant alter them anyway as it's all worked on electronic sensors.
              They did'nt have a clue same as VPC did'nt know.

Comment

in chichester area mate, not to fare then

Comment

Originally posted by VXAH
                  Think i have said this before,Just get the dealer to adjust them to half a degree down and they will be loads better.
                  I did mine and i dont get flashed by other drivers and i can see where i am going now!
                  Am i confusing the fact that the xenons are not gaining the distance of standards and therefore the road is not as well lit? :?

Surely by lowering them half a degree that will make them worse?

Throw me a bone!
                  HeavenlyDetail
                  Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Yeah we will have to meet up in Portsmouth or something siberman vxr be a laugh.
                    What mods you got?
                    Yeah the lights need to be lifted up not dropped but nobody knows how.

Comment

no mods yet planing for some. yer portsmouth would be good.when would u like to meet?
                      have u got any mods yet?

Comment

Yeah i got the re map from VPC which makes so much difference for the money. What you up to sat or sun night?

Comment

I cant understand the problem for god sake! Standard setting is 1% down from horizontal..........just get the dealer to set them at 0.5% instead!
                          If they cant do it they must be idiots because the simple instructions are on TIS. It really is no big deal the xenon lamps have adjusters just like any headlamp!

Comment

johnboy and siberman its our isle of wight cruise on sunday you 2 should come over so im not the only vxr there

Comment

Oh right because vxl are telling me that there are no adjusters or anything it's all electronic.
                              Not even VPC knew.

Comment

Working...
                              X