This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS!!!

Just wondering if anyone has had these fitted, and if so are they worth considering??

Re: IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS!!!

Originally posted by NELLYC
    Just wondering if anyone has had these fitted, and if so are they worth considering??
    I have them, not sure they have any real performance benefit other than they last much longer - certainly no worse though.
    sigpic

Comment

Makes mine run smoother and pull from lower revs

Comment

ive got tham all ok runs well pulls well

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Just FYI the car comes with NGK Platinum plugs so any improvement will be marginal :wink:
          sigpic

Comment

i used the NGK BKR7EIX's in the Zafira and were fine smoother running and better economy

Comment

How much do the iridium's cost, plus any recommended supplier?

Comment

Alex Fi the plugs in your VXR are the Iridium ones but the warranty ones have a smaller gap.

But if you want to change then Courtenays do the NGK BKR6EIX for £32.00

i used the BKR7EIX's and i used to get them for £24.00 from a local discount parts centre

Comment

Erm little confused then. If the VXR comes with Iridium plugs then why the original post, or am I being dumb again? Also, thought the plugs were replaced due to a gap issue? Could be me as I am a little tired....

Comment

Some ppl dont know too much about the VXR thats why they ask on here.

yes the plugs did have a gap issue and is sorted out with the warranty ones.

I cant see any need to fit different plugs from std unless your running loads of mods and loads of power

Comment

So basically the replacements from VXL are Iridium plugs, but are slighlty smaller than the ones listed, but larger than the original plugs provided hence the advisory notice?

Just making sure I am comopletely clear

Ps. Thanks for patience and explaination, no thanks for the skirt and cleaning comments (lol).

Comment

No No No!

The original plugs have the larger gap thus the replacement.

Both the VXL plugs are iridium.

High levels of tune might benefit from a cooler running plug like the NGK

Comment

Okay, all understood - apologies for brain delay

Comment

Well never mind its cause you so far away

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                              Alex Fi the plugs in your VXR are the Iridium ones but the warranty ones have a smaller gap.

But if you want to change then Courtenays do the NGK BKR6EIX for £32.00

i used the BKR7EIX's and i used to get them for £24.00 from a local discount parts centre
                              The original spark plugs for the VXR are NGK PLATINUM not IRIDIUM.
                              Code NGK PFR6T10G

SPARKPLUGS.CO.UK will send 4 x NGK BKR6EIX iridium, free delivery to your door for £32.85
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X