This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vxr Red

Although im sure that this has been covered in many topics whats the situation about Vauxhalls Flame Red or Reds in general?

I am massively into detailing and am a member on sites in the uk like Detailing world and Autopia and Detail city and there seems to be a general consensus across the board that Vauxhall reds are the worst that any manufacturer has developed..
    They are not the thinest i think that would go to the Italian makes but for sites that deal with all makes of vehicle Vauxhall are laughed at generally being known as pink red....

I must admit that any vauxhalls over 4 years old i see on the road the fade is terrible and there seems to be no lightfastness in the painta at all?

I understand that flame red is now being replaced with Power red but i thought this was more of a strength of paint issue being waterbased rather than hue length...

Any thoughts as have ordered Arden when originally 90% of previous cars have been red but am too worried about fade! :?
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

look after it i see no reason to worry yes vaux red will go white / pinky if tot cared for my next door nabour sells car and some of the reds he as had would make you cry but 4 -5 hrs later looks good again not to your std im sure but not bad so just look after it .

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Hence why I gone blue...

Comment

mate im fairly into my detailing too, and if u do look after ur cars u will have no probs with it, just keep it waxed etc.!!

Comment

Just keep it well polished, which am sure you will lol, and it will stay red forever

That's why a well polished RED one, will always be faster than a BLUE one

Comment

Im afraid that i totally disagree with you all on this one...
            Yes my cars are always waxed Zymol or Collonite in Winter but although this will give the car a good protection against the elements this has nothing to do with lightfastness of a colour hence the kebab shop photos behind glass going blue/green after time due to lightfastness.

By polishing the car we are only giving a reflection on the cars top coat and i still believe that over time you would be shocked if you had a sticker on your paintwork and peeled it off after say 3 years....

Vauxhall obviously realise that there is a problem with their reds hence the colour change... , they are not changing arden to pacific blue so...

Come on Vauxhall please explain to me the formula of your red and what changes are being made to it and why?
            HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Isnt the red changing for 2007 model year ??
              Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Yep.... Gone from "Flame Red" to "Power Red"

Comment

only time will tell who is correct

Comment

Yes dave you are correct and im sure that we will not notice the difference in a short time and with the attributes of light as they are im sure that 2000,s compared to 1990,s will stand the test of time better,,,
                    But the point i am trying to make without offending any one with a red car is why is the colour changing and why is it that all the detailing forums go on about Vauxhall red but no other...
                    Ferrari and the italian marques as most cars do have around a 25% base , 25% colour , 50%clear but the um or microns depth of the paint is normally less than standard cars hence makers like zymol making waxes especially for this kind of SOFT paintwork around thre 150 microns to hazard a guess but with the fact you are always deswirling or polishing the top coat and not the relative hue or colour of the paint the car will always fade no matter how much wax you apply..
                    I would like to add though that i have seen polished red vxrs and they are stunning aka motorshow and do hope that there are no bad factors as to why the colour is changing...
                    I do not believe this is an european directive or anything as paints have been formulised to this standard for ages now?
                    HeavenlyDetail

Comment

i do no what you are getting at, and your not offending any one you may well be wright the red is very soft i no, the paint just seems to fall off, every time i clean it polish wax the cloths r red in no time, at this rate will not have to worrie about fade as it will be all gone.

Comment

If you look after it then it will not fade, as stated, If you keep the paint clean and fed, with something like Megs show car glaze, which has oils in it which feed the paint and keep it fresh you won`t get fade, with the pigments in paint now it just won`t happen. Andy over on vec-c/astra sri has an old red GSi which still looks like new 10 years on after a good detail, so I wouldn`t worry about it !! The reason you are getting red cloths is that the red has no clearcoat over it, where the rest do so we are plishing off the clear coat and get no colour soak, you are polishing off the paint and get the colour straight away. Still the same thickness on there so no worries there either !

Comment

ooooooh dave look's liike you could have a little pinky club going there soon lol
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie
                            If you look after it then it will not fade, as stated, If you keep the paint clean and fed, with something like Megs show car glaze, which has oils in it which feed the paint and keep it fresh you won`t get fade, with the pigments in paint now it just won`t happen. Andy over on vec-c/astra sri has an old red GSi which still looks like new 10 years on after a good detail, so I wouldn`t worry about it !! The reason you are getting red cloths is that the red has no clearcoat over it, where the rest do so we are plishing off the clear coat and get no colour soak, you are polishing off the paint and get the colour straight away. Still the same thickness on there so no worries there either !
                            Yea ok ill leave my last post here then as get red if your gonna do a weekly wax and polish if your a once a month kosovan sponger dont!!!
                            HeavenlyDetail

Comment

pink will go with my hand bag and matching thong

Comment

Working...
                              X