This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New or old model?

I have just come home after viewing my new VXR and noticed two obvious differences between the 56 plate demo that I took out on test and my 56 plate which I hopefully pick up next week.

The first difference was that the demo had no door badges at all and the car I'm getting has silver VXR badges. However, I have also seen silver and red VXR door badges??

The second difference was that there is a carbon look finish between the front and rear windows unlike the demo.

The question is therefore what model am I getting, new or old, limited edition or not and what other differences might there be?

Cheers,
    Clint

Re: New or old model?

Originally posted by MR F Quick
    I have just come home after viewing my new VXR and noticed two obvious differences between the 56 plate demo that I took out on test and my 56 plate which I hopefully pick up next week.

The first difference was that the demo had no door badges at all and the car I'm getting has silver VXR badges. However, I have also seen silver and red VXR door badges??

The second difference was that there is a carbon look finish between the front and rear windows unlike the demo.

The question is therefore what model am I getting, new or old, limited edition or not and what other differences might there be?

Cheers,Clint
    You will not get the door badges, you can buy badges to stick on the door if you wish but only a few of the current model year build have had them affixed in production apparently in error. The trim you mention is probably the B pillar trim, this should be black on all models but is often missed at the factory.

Check out this thread http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=1684

Comment

what you will find is that the new models (07) will have the carbon effect b pillar trims and the badges on the side in silver.

I haven't seen the door badges in red/silver though???
      Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
        what you will find is that the new models (07) will have the carbon effect b pillar trims and the badges on the side in silver.

The silver/red door badges look like an owners addition (same badge on tailgate).

I have physically been to see my car just come off the transporter and it has all silver VXR door badges and carbon effect door pillars. Have I scored lucky and got an 07 car on a 56 plate???

Comment

Originally posted by MR F Quick
          Originally posted by Daz5182

The silver/red door badges look like an owners addition (same badge on tailgate).

I have physically been to see my car just come off the transporter and it has all silver VXR door badges and carbon effect door pillars. Have I scored lucky and got an 07 car on a 56 plate???
          07 Build began 1st September, its likely if your car was built after that date then yes you have, The Carbon B Pillar trim is new to us so get up some pictures soon mate.

Comment

looks that way pal, i went to the dealer the other day and the one in the showroom had these additions like the badges and the carbon effect trim, i really liked it, so yeah looks like you've got the most upto date version.
            Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

[[/quote]07 Build began 1st September, its likely if your car was built after that date then yes you have, The Carbon B Pillar trim is new to us so get up some pictures soon mate.[/quote]

Will do!

I wish I'd taken my camera with me, she looked lovely sat on those 19" wheels even with the suspension chocks still in place and plastic wrapping on everything.

Comment

Info from an insider said that about 200 2007 modles have the door badges on but their not ment to be on as they are the wrong ones.

Comment

what do you mean? Wrong ones? what are they meant to have on?

Comment

No the breif was to have a smaller VXR badge for the doors.

When the factory sorced the smaler VXR badge these were fitted but were unable to get VXR badges made.

Some thing to do with the red section being too small and fiddly

Comment

If Daz said he seen them on a showroom car and mine has them also and the number mentioned was 200..................then surely thety are meant to be on????????????? Just call it a Limited Edition then!!!

Comment

VXl stopped them being fitted when it was relised that they were the wrong ones.

by the time the stop notice had been sent about 200 had already been done.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                          VXl stopped them being fitted when it was relised that they were the wrong ones.

by the time the stop notice had been sent about 200 had already been done.
                          Can I mention this to the dealer prior to collecting and have the correct badges fitted?????

Comment

oh right, so why did they develop and make the silverr ones then? They aren't used on any of the other VXR models, i've only ever seen the bigger one like on the boot. So i guess they will be back to how they were then with nothing on the doors soon?

Comment

who no`s but we will have to see thay may change there minds and keep with the plain ones.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
                              X